Wednesday, 19 August 2026

Happenings

 


 Lovely morning with some smoke but not much.  We had a late walk due to some slowness on DH's part.  This could have something to do with an unfortunate accident yesterday. In the late afternoon he and Youngest son were planning on turning a large block of wood on the lathe in the workshop.  It seems the block was too heavy for the lathe to hold and it threw the piece directly at DH's head hitting him on the forehead then ricocheting toward YS hitting him in the chest. Needless to say there were tense minutes as the 2 inch gash on DH's forehead bled copiously and YS yelled for towels.  Because of the long ( and I mean long,  as in 6 to 10 hours) wait at the ER  we managed.  

So that was yesterday. DH didn't go to Gleaners this morning as he normally would. He feels woozy and will need to take it easy for a few days.

The forecast for today is hot, Thursday hotter and Friday will be the hottest.  Hopefully Saturday will see a change for the better. I really hope so.  I've been outside and watered the most needy plants trying to prepare them for what's coming.  


 Thanks for coming by

 

 

20 comments:

  1. Oh dear, that must have been scary. I'm glad they're both OK. (c)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Glad he didn't take an eye out but still, wow. Sending healing wishes. I'm all for the pumpkin fun. Very full here again today on the side of the mountain. Sending Augtober vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so sorry about your husband’s injury. I’m guessing that he got some stitches too. I sure hope it cools off before we get to Spokane next week. It’s sure been a hot summer.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful illustrations and thoughts, dear friend. Feeling woozy is not a good thing. Better to rest, for sure. The heat and smoke definitely do not help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a frightening thing to happen. Machines can go rogue too quickly. I hope he will be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness that accident sounds awful and very painful. That's quite a long wait in the ER. Hope he heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! What a stressful day that was. Sometimes I worry about injuries as I go about these projects by my lonesome. I hope he stays nice and cool inside and RESTS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad they are both okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an unfortunate happening. I hope his injury will soon heal and he will be back to his usual energy.
    It's hot here today, but the smoke has cleared.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad that your husband and son are okay. That had to be so scary. I'm the one looking for sweater weather and pumpkins and coziness. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your menfolk are able to take it easy and recovery is swift.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please do keep a very close eye on your husband. Since he is feeling woozy, he absolutely needs to take it easy, and if that dizziness persists or worsens at all, I hope you will feel comfortable reaching out to a medical professional immediately just to be on the safe side. I am sending you all so much strength for a quick recovery for the men, and I truly hope that the weather breaks this weekend so you can all have a much cooler, quieter time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear, so sorry! The long hours in ER+ loss of blood would be exhausting 😥 God protect and restore strength for your Husband and peace to you all 🫂

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quite suitable for fall arriving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That accident was bad enough. It could have been tragic.
    I have been enjoying the cool morning and balmy afternoons, but my heat limit is 80. I hear it will exceed that today. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry to hear about the accident. That's scary. Hope they both feel better each day. The trauma would make anyone a bit tired, so it's good he's taking it easy for a few days. I was in the ER with hubby last fall and we were there about 7.5 hours, so I totally relate. It's tiring, and frustrating. Glad you're having less issues with the smoke and hope they get things under control soon. It's been a tough summer for so many. Wish I could send you some of the rain we've been getting, as we're having the opposite problem with flooding with rain something like 12 days in a row. Take care of yourself and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hope your husband will be okay, he must have a concussion and should take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my! What a bizarre and dangerous accident! Hope both of them recover quickly with no lingering side effects!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Goodness! That could have been very nasty!
    So pleased to read they are both okay :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete