Saturday, 15 August 2026

Honey

 

 As we usually do on weekends we walked at Willband Creek, a wildlife preserve not very far from town.   The sky is a bit clearer today, less smoky. 


I saw a write-up in the local paper about a couple who kept bees and sold honey from their farm. It was sort of on the way back from Willband so we found the place and bought some honey. What interesting folks. She told us she had been a city girl from another province when she moved out into the country here in B.C. with her husband. Their house, surrounded by trees, must have been lovely when they moved there 50 years ago but I doubt much had been done to it since.  She had extensive flowerbeds
 ( for the bees) and they were well kept. Two dogs roamed the yard and kept dropping their ball and frisbee  at our feet. I wish I'd gotten a picture of them.



When we got back here we worked outside for a short while then came in and had a rest. Now the remainder of the day is mine to enjoy.  
 
Thanks for coming by
 
 


16 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that the smoke is dying out! Nice photos and the illustration made me smile. I love bees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Local raw honey is the best 🌻🐝

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bees, such hard workers! Your day sounds perfect. Wishing you the bestest ❣️ Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Local honey is the best in all ways. Taste, healing and beauty.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like honey... the floral one is my favorite... what about yours?
    Wishing you a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The honey we bought is Wildflower honey and very tasty.

      Delete
  6. Glad your skies are clearing. Willband Creek looks a lovely place to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love days like that. I always hear my little voice telling me to slow down, enjoy conversation, and live in the moment. Sounds like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love buying straight from the grower, it is always freshest and best. And what a nice place for a walk!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faith@FarmhouseWorthy16 August 2026 at 09:13

    Oh I would love to be able to live in the country & have a hive. What a lovely visit you had.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That view along Willband Creek looks so peaceful, especially with the smoke finally clearing out a bit to let the blue sky through. Stumbling across a hidden gem like that old bee farm sounds like the absolute best kind of afternoon detour, fifty years in the same spot, surrounded by sprawling flowerbeds and two goofy dogs dropping a frisbee at your feet, has such a timeless, grounding feel to it. Hope you're soaking up every quiet minute of the rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to hear it's not so smokey now. Local honey is so good! Sounds like a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Local honey rocks. We get local maple. So good. Sometimes local honey as well. Both rock.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our daughter lives relatively close to Willband.

    ReplyDelete