Wednesday, 16 September 2026

Buying Plants

 

 

 



What are your plans for this day?  I'm about to go out and walk around to see what needs doing and whether it's something I can do or maybe put it on the on-going list of  To be done by the next Willing Helper!

Yesterday we went to the Out-of-Town plant Shop that I like to go to because I saw in their weekly
 e mail that they had apple basket arrangements on sale.  There were so many ( I wish I'd thought to bring my camera) I was almost overwhelmed by having to choose.  Each one was  unique so that made it difficult to choose. I loved them all. Well, maybe not the ones that had a large corn plant in the middle.
  I chose 2 for myself and some others for all "my girls".  Here's three of them..
 


 

I chose some bulbs that will hopefully brighten the garden next Spring. I'll wait for another month before planting those. I think I'll put them in pots. Less danger of mice and squirrels getting at them.
( The pretty Autumn napkins happened to jump into my cart.) 

This pretty Begonia also managed to come home with me💗

Thanks for visiting

 


 

17 comments:

  1. Although I enjoy seeing flowers and plants, I don't purchase them, as I just don't have a green thumb. LOL! But I really enjoyed your posts and photos, as I always do. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apple basket arrangement looks so lovely and seasonal on my front step! - Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. Good response about buying plants.
    We bought a new TV today, since our 14 year old one went black. Then I /we spent the rest of the day trying to set it up and make it work on cable. Everything is so complicated now, and no instruction books, just hard to follow device menu stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like those apple barrel arrangements. I'm looking forward to planting up tubs with bulbs 'lasagne style', in layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely flowers and plants. A nursery is one of my happy places.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorei conhecer seu Blog.
    Estou mesmo maravilhada.
    Já estou seguindo aqui para
    n]ao perder nadinha e voltarei
    para ler mais e comentar.
    Vou amar receber sua visita lá
    no meu Espelhando.
    Bjins e Abraço daqui do Brasil.
    CatiahôAlc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This reminds me that I need to give my pots a good soak today. I did pretty much nothing yesterday at home. It felt so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You chose well, the plants are beautiful.
    I met the ladies at church this morning and to make blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You selected some beautiful baskets. The autumn napkins are so pretty. I love the color of the begonia as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those apple basket arrangements are so pretty. And you are so thoughtful to get more for your girls. I love the meme at the bottom about buying plants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those apple basket arrangements sound absolutely gorgeous, and I love that the pretty Begonia and Autumn napkins found their way into your cart too - some purchases are just meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like in a fabric store, I also run rampant in a nursery!! lolol
    I just want to bring everything home...
    Love the photos!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't that a fine idea... the apple baskets with plants. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the flowers, and the bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You made some lovely choices :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete