Friday, 18 September 2026

Decorating for Autumn

 I thought it was time for me to decorate for Autumn. Below is the sideboard before....

 


 ...and here it is after I was finished. It's all things I've used over and over every year.


 

 Next to the sideboard is my Mom's old Singer sewing machine.


 And in the Sun Room the drop leaf table always gets a touch of the season. This will all stay like it is until it's time for Christmas decorating. Again, this is all decor from previous years.


 

Eldest Daughter brought me an urn with an arrangement of leaves and grass which I put on the bench near the side door along with a bowl of nuts and an Amaryllis that has gone dormant.  I'm waiting patiently for the other 6 Amaryllises to dry up. I quit watering them in the beginning of August.  Once they all have a long rest it will be time for them to start all over with leaves and, hopefully, gorgeous blooms. 


 That's it for today.  Thank you for coming by.

 


 

20 comments:

  1. I love ❤️ Autumn 🍂 and your decorations are enchanting, beautiful and heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's almost officially Fall, so have at it. My autumnal decorations will wait till October rolls around.
    Autumn decorations are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not start decorating we are taking late holidays for the moment after the children and grandchildren have returned to Dubai.
    I don’t know if I will be decorating this autumn or just wait for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks good, GM! I have started but got sidetracked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall decorating is my favorite, your decor looks lovely. Singer sewing machine that is a keeper & she is all dolled up to. I have to tell you I ordered us some Domino's. Chickenfoot ones. LOL. We have not played yet but we will, I love doing old school things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your. Fall decorations are lovely and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are making such beautiful fall decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your autumn decorating is lovely, GM. I haven't done anything yet, and don't do much when I do, but it's nice to bring the seasons indoors. The old sewing machine is a real treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its not fall here, either, but it looks nice to change things up! My mother had a cabinet just like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love decorating for fall and your decor is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do like your Autumn decorations it all looks very nice.
    Good wishes for the weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's all lovely. I particularly the little vase with the bird on it and the clock. I must get out my Fall decorations, mostly china. Was that an Apple Blossom pattern on the cup in the first picture? My mother in law had that set. It went to my brother in law after she died. When he moved overseas he sold everything, without giving us a heads up, so it is lost to us now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, Thank you for your kind words. You're right about the pattern on that tea cup. It's one of only 2 pieces that I have of that particular pattern.
      Have you given any thought to getting back to posting on your blog? GM

      Delete
  13. That looks like the sewing machine we had at school, seriously! We were taught to use a treadle sewing machine by Sister Patricia when we were 9 or 10 years old at the convent school I attended. They had a row of about three or four by the windows in the sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the pumpkins <3 I think I need to get a pumpkin to put by my front door!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your autumn decorations look so warm and inviting – especially that classic Singer sewing machine! Love how you reuse the same pieces every year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How very pretty your autumn decoration on your sideboard, the sewing machine, and the table are! Enjoy these autumn days!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your autumn decor is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete