Wednesday, 12 August 2026

My Day

 The blue Morning Glories that I sowed in Spring never grew but many of the seeds dropped last year have grown and are taking over the arbour.  Obviously I chose purple last year and they seem to be more vigorous.


 So vigorous, in fact, that they've popped up in numerous spots and have wound themselves around my garden tea cups!  I even spotted one blooming in the front garden and that one is climbing up a rose bush.


 We had a break in the heat yesterday and today although tomorrow it's back to 30C.
I took advantage of the coolness and made an Impossible Pumpkin pie.


 We dropped off a couple of boxes of 'stuff' at the thrift store.  I also took 2 boxes of perennials that Youngest Son divided when he came on the weekend.( One of our thrift stores takes plants).  Most were parts of overgrown Daylilies. They didn't bloom well and all I can figure out is that either they were too large or I hadn't watered them enough. 
There were also a number of clumps of Spiderwort that seems to want to take over more than its share of space.   I hope someone will want those. 

Of course we had to go into the store and I found a nice top ($2.) and DH found a book for .50 .
We came home and sat on the porch and read.  That was my day. 

 

Thanks for coming by


 

 

13 comments:

  1. Morning Glories do have a way of popping up everywhere, don't they? They look beautiful on your trellis.

    How nice that you have a thrift store that accepts plants.

    Love the meme at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty flowers. Pumpkin pie looks good. I always say I should bake pumpkin pies during the year but only bake them on Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, dear friend! And I love the vintage illustration at the end of your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great day to me! Your Morning Glories are pretty. I love the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great meme at the end of your post :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like pumpkin pie. We should have it more often.
    How fun to have those beautiful morning glories popping up in surprising places.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, such pretty morning glories! I can't grow them here as they just take over, re-seed like crazy and become a real problem. But every year I get a few wild ones in the garden, so they satisfy me.
    We stopped at a thrift or two yesterday and found some good things. I buy cotton t-shirts at one place for .25 each, just to use for rags.
    The pie looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are beautiful, and it’s great when they self-seed...
    You’ll hardly believe it, but I’ve never baked a pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin soup, and yes, I suppose I’ll have to bake a pie sometime, too :-)))
    Warm regards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum on the pie and the flowers are pretty. Great work on dropping stuff off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thrift stores - my favorite place to be!!! The morning glories are so pretty. I haven't had any in a while and I miss them. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the turquoise in the meme and it's so true! Your flowers are so pretty. I do miss having a garden and may plant.a container garden on the balcony when we're no longer camping so much. There is no way to water it when we're away.
    That pie looks delicious. I've never tried an impossible pie and should do it some time. We're in the midst of a nice thunderstorm right now.. I love hearing the rolling thunder and wish we could send some rain the the northwest.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha....we just took a big bag to our thrift store too. Oh my, your morning glories are really on the move...even visiting the roses??? I do love their color though. Your pumpkin pie looks great...I'm getting ready for pumpkin season. I bet you are too, with all your heat! Take good care Granny.

    ReplyDelete