Monday, 10 August 2026

Some Gifted Plants

 

 


 Happy Monday my friends!  The meme above is so true and I feel that  those of you who visit here are truly friends.

It's slightly cooler today with a pleasant breeze coming through open windows.  There is also less smoke in the air. I haven't watched any news yet ; I'm hoping the wildfires are getting controlled. 

Last Friday #2Son came home with a number of plants in the back of his truck. One of the tenants at the complex that he manages was moving out of the province and was looking for a home for the plants that she had on her deck. She wondered if he knew anyone who would be interested. And that is how they came to me. 


Cuphea being a tender perennial will have to spend the winter on the porch.



This one is a mystery. Any ideas? I'll include another picture of it.




He thinks she said this one (below) is a hibiscus, I remember having one years ago but it was a house plant.
 Can this one survive outside? Maybe I should keep it on the porch.   Nice of that person to leave the ceramic bluebird on a stake. She couldn't have known that the bluebird is one of my favourite birds.

So it goes. My day continues with some laundry and maybe some baking.  I made a Pear cake on the weekend but there's not much left. 


 Thanks for coming by!

 

 

 

23 comments:

  1. Yum to the pear cake you made :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello GM! It's so true that even if we want to be out and about, we have to pace ourselves. We do love to be home sweet home. Your baking always gets gobbled up! You must be good! That bluebird is very cute! Sending hugs your way! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quote at the top of your post is so true.
    I know that you will give these plants a wonderful home and they will thrive under your care 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that the lady was able to share her plants that she couldn't take along with her. And even nicer that you were the receiver of her generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to say hi, it's warm again, and the day hasn't even woken up yet... I miss the translator or maybe I just don't see it :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those plants were a nice surprise, and I expect the person moving out was glad they've gone to a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He his mom. I do not know those so good luck. I agree it is harder to make friends the older we get.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lucky that the tenant asked your son if he knew anyone who would take the plants. We used to grow hibiscus in Florida but I'm not sure how well they would do in cooler temps. Pear cake sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, the last plant does resemble a hibiscus but I am thinking it would be best to take it inside for the winter. My daughter keeps hers out on the deck all summer and then takes it inside once the temps drop but then we are in the prairies where winters are harsh.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  10. WoW, great plants to come your way. We always have hibiscus in the yard. They do well here, they just take a lot of water. Love the graphic, the message is so true!! It's great to have you as a blogger friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun seeing what you can do with those plants. They look like they could use some love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel likewise, all the regular readers of my blog are friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...so you got some new plants....how nice. Hope they will grow good for you. Take good care! diane in northern wis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel responsible for those plants. I hope they do well for me.

      Delete
  14. Wonderful about the less smoke in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The quote is very true!! How wonderful that you are the owner of these new plants.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How nice that you have all those plants to give a new home. :). Glad your weather has turned cooler and the smoke isn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a nice gift of the plants. Of course your son knew you were the person they needed to go to. The bluebird stake is so sweet too. I agree with that meme too. I love being home.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your mystery plant may be an olive:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, those lucky plants! You will do well by them, I know. Happy day, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  20. I couldn't agree more with the photograph and saying. I am happiest at home. It is nice to get away, but it is better coming home. Nice plant haul. I just planted a Hibiscus they are so beautiful with the plate sized flowers this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  21. He knew you would give those plants a good home!

    ReplyDelete