I have a library card from when I was a child. It included a stamped metal plate that the librarian would run thru a machine to imprint my info on a lending card.
Ooooh....I will be 70 in October and I remember all of these things! And as far as cellphones go, I never had one until I was 68! Great post, thank you so much for sharing.
I was mirroring you today, getting the laundry caught up on Monday! Those e things still exist in my house. The aprons were my mother's, I still have a recipe file of handwritten recipes, and use cast iron pans almost daily. Funny, I never thought if these are things of the past, but I guess they are.
Yes, I remember. Very well. I'm so glad I experienced these things . I remember my mom talking to my cousin who's near her age on the phone when I was a child and the cord with colored cream and was very long.
I remember all these things with great fondness and sometimes, I miss the old days and old ways. I love the last picture so much. I wish you a very happy new week. XO, Virginia
Well, I'm following the advice in that last poster; I'm decorating today, and I'm cooking pozole, a Mexican pork stew that will last two days as the rain comes today and the wind blows.
I am old enough to remember all those things! Technology was just taking off when I was a young adult. Many things I miss about those days! I still use iron skillets and I love to stare out the car window too!
I have a library card from when I was a child. It included a stamped metal plate that the librarian would run thru a machine to imprint my info on a lending card.
ReplyDeleteOoooh....I will be 70 in October and I remember all of these things! And as far as cellphones go, I never had one until I was 68! Great post, thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI remember all of those things!! Love the house in the illustration.
ReplyDeleteI used to love playing with paper dolls when I was little. I don't subscribe to magazines anymore, but used to love getting one in the mail.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your post especially lovey to see the do-you-remember pictures.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a good week ahead.
All the best Jan
I loved paper dolls
ReplyDeleteCathy
Yesss, I remember dressing up the cut-out figures from magazines. We used to be entertained with so few things!
ReplyDeleteI was mirroring you today, getting the laundry caught up on Monday!
ReplyDeleteThose e things still exist in my house. The aprons were my mother's, I still have a recipe file of handwritten recipes, and use cast iron pans almost daily. Funny, I never thought if these are things of the past, but I guess they are.
Yes, I remember. Very well. I'm so glad I experienced these things . I remember my mom talking to my cousin who's near her age on the phone when I was a child and the cord with colored cream and was very long.
ReplyDeleteI remember all these things with great fondness and sometimes, I miss the old days and old ways. I love the last picture so much. I wish you a very happy new week. XO, Virginia
ReplyDeleteI remember all of those! What a fun post, GM. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteYes, I do remember....and the old librarian stamping the due date? That was me once.
ReplyDeleteEllabie
Well, I'm following the advice in that last poster; I'm decorating today, and I'm cooking pozole, a Mexican pork stew that will last two days as the rain comes today and the wind blows.
ReplyDeletePaper dolls, the date stamps in borrowed books, the telephone and cassette recorder... you’ve brought back lovely memories.
ReplyDeleteA warm hug from me.
Viola
Have a nice day!
ReplyDeleteI remember the cassette recorder well, we taped songs off the radio and always missed the start of the song. Fun post, it brought back a lot.
ReplyDeleteI missed the rotary phones. Those were the good ole days.
ReplyDeleteyes I recall all those thing and I still use my cast iron skillets!
ReplyDeleteI am old enough to remember all those things! Technology was just taking off when I was a young adult. Many things I miss about those days! I still use iron skillets and I love to stare out the car window too!
ReplyDelete