Thursday 18 February 2016

In My Kitchen

We got to pick the littlest grand up from school this afternoon as his mom wasn't able to. I love how excited he is and how he runs towards us. He is so dear to us.
When we got back I decided to get busy in the kitchen. I made 3 jars of Blueberry jam.....


roasted some chick peas ( I confess I've already munched my way through a good third of them)


                     and made an Angel Food cake from a mix.


I am posting this picture for Henny Penny who has in the past wished she could bake like me.  Now you see what can happen because when I tried to turn it upside down ( as per directions on the box) the entire top fell off!!   Good thing this cake wasn't made for any special occasion .

With the oven nicely preheated I'll put supper in and my work for this day will be about done.

What did you do today?


Granny Marigold

6 comments:

  1. I've had those cake catastrophes, too! I walked, wrote a letter, read, and now I'm cooking dinner. Yum! Jam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you sure do make delicious things in your kitchen. I smiled at your honesty. I suppose if we are all being truthful we have encountered similar experiences.
    For the first time ever I cooked garbanzo beans this week. Usually I just buy the canned ones. I now have them in the freezer for future use. I have never roasted them before. They looks yummy and I am now thinking that may need to be the next thing I try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done very little today. After a full 10 hours at the garden show yesterday, and a poor night's sleep, I have been sedentary, sorting and editing photos, reading political editorials, and having lunch out with retired teacher friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a busy day most of it spent at the clinic...some days. My Mother used to make a concoction of angle food cake and jello and whipped cream it was real pretty layered in a glass dish:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did some more de-cluttering and then quickly took it down to the thrift store before we changed our minds! Then went for a long walk in the sunshine.
    Too bad about your cake.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment on my blog. You seem a busy lady - but I am encouraged that other people's cakes go wrong too!

    ReplyDelete