Friday 24 October 2014

Old Houses



It's coming to that time of year that I'm not at all fond of....Halloween!  Witches and spooks are not my thing but...  abandoned houses that look spooky, those I find I like. Not that I'd ever be brave enough to go through one but to look and imagine how they once looked when they were cared for. So I thought for the next while I'd post some pictures of just that. They are all ones I took off the internet not ones I myself took. I hope you enjoy them.









Now on to something totally different.   My tomatoes had quit ripening but there were still some green ones so I made Green tomato salsa .  It was very simple to do.  
 The first time I made it with 2 cups of chopped green tomatoes, a small jalapeno, minced, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice and a cup of sugar. I  simmered it until it reduced stirring from time to time. It took about half an hour or so.  It was a hit so I made a second batch. This time I doubled everything except the sugar since my family found it too sweet . I included half an onion, chopped and instead of the jalapeno I used two Serrano peppers.  If I make it again I'll go back to using jalapenos, which we definitely preferred. This batch seemed to have quite a bit more liquid so after half an hour of simmering I dissolved about a teaspoon of corn starch in some water and stirred that in. It quickly got to a nicer thickness. 


 Here's my last pic. My cup of tea and cookie on my lovely new set!


Happy Friday!   Hope you have a nice weekend.
                                                                                      GRANNY MARIGOLD


1 comment:

  1. Wow. I love old houses! They don't make 'em like that any more. It is sad that nobody is restoring them. Hey, a cup of tea sounds so good right now! Thanks for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete