Thursday 14 August 2014

Morning Walk

Every year around this time the mornings begin with mist and fog which makes for a mysterious atmosphere. Everything is shades of gray until the sun burns off the mist and we have a sunny afternoon. I love this time before the rainy days of winter begin. Soon I'll be bringing home hands full of autumn leaves to press in heavy books already bulging with leaves from other years. Here are some pictures I took while on my walk today.











We are so fortunate to live within easy walking distance of this small lake right in the middle of town.  It's a walk that is never quite the same as the day before. I am finding that I get very tired as I get to about 2/3 of the way around and I may have to modify my walk to be a bit shorter. But I can do that and not have to miss out on the quiet beauty, maybe do one 'side' one day and start in the other direction the next? I have to try to know when half my energy is gone so I can turn around and head for home.
       Here's to late summer days!     Granny M.

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful place to walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful lake! You are blessed to have such a lovely place to walk. I expend most of my energy at work, and I'm on my feet all day, so I haven't been doing any walking. Maybe when I retire! :) Enjoy the beauty!

    ReplyDelete