Sunday 21 September 2014

Thrifty Buys

The garage season is almost at an end for the year. Thrifty buys are harder to find now. I did pick up this lovely big tea pot for two dollars. I make myself a pot of tea every single day so I'll use it a lot.


I love hand made quilted bags. Besides being pretty, they are so useful. I carry groceries, library books, garage sale treasures, sometimes I even use one to carry my camera and binoculars when I go for my walk.  This bag cost me 1.50. This side is my favourite. The next pic is the other side and you can see the trim and lining is a cheery print.  There's even an inside pocket ( cell phone?)


These pears were a thrifty buy at .49 cents a pound. They will have to be eaten today because they are quite ripe. No problem around here.


Those are my only treasures today. I hope you are having a restful Sunday.

                                           Granny Marigold

No comments:

Post a Comment