Tuesday 31 May 2016

Flowers, Books, and a Quilt

We have a Queen Elizabeth Rose that once grew in the front yard and always got hit by Black Spot. It would bloom in spite of it but the plant looked unsightly and was moved far to the back of our garden in what we call The Wild Area. It continued to grow there and now stretches some 12 feet in the air but bloom it still does. My DH brought these in yesterday. I do hope all those buds will open eventually.

                                 

On Saturday we were very disappointed to go to those neighbourhood garage sales so advertised as Rain or Shine. Well, we had rain... but not one house participated. However on the way home we passed my favourite plant shop and I stopped to buy 2 nice mixed pots that were on sale for $5.98 each. I just plunk them into the pretty blue pots on the porch.



This oversized cup and saucer filled with Mint, Basil, and Thyme was given to me. Eventually the Mint will take over but for now its pretty.


A trip to the thrift store this morning yielded some treasures... a number of books from the Bargain area, and the child-sized quilt that they are lying on. I liked this side but the reverse is not much to my taste. Still, it cost only five dollars.




I've already found the perfect spot to put it on the porch.  On the subject of the porch, I've been spending a lot of time out on the swing. I haven't been feeling very well. The headaches that I had earlier in the year have returned. Although she wants me to have a CT of my head to eliminate a tumour my doctor is quite sure that what I have is Chronic Migraine. Not what one wants to hear but I'm sure others have coped and so will I.

Thanks for visiting today. I hope the sun shone brightly and you had a great Tuesday!!



         Granny Marigold


11 comments:

  1. That rose is just beautiful! Your pots of flowers are pretty too. Sorry you have that headache! Hope you will be feeling better soon. I had one bad migraine which ended me up in the hospital. Not fun! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Flowers in the Rain. It's a favorite.
    I hope your CT scan comes out alright. I wonder if it's something in the air that is giving you headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Headaches are no fun. I have been headache prone all of my life. Fortunately it has been much better since I retired.
    You do manage to find pretty treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is your blood pressure? I hope you don't have chronic migraines. Best to have the tests the Doctor wants.
    Your rose is just beautiful, how nice that you can bring flowers inside:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, my BP is pretty well right in the normal range. And yes, I intend to have the CT scan (once they fit me in).

      Delete
  5. You really have got an eye for a bargain, the quilt is lovely. Hope you are feeling better soon, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry your headaches have returned. Chuck suffers from migraines occasionally and they can be quite debilitating. Love all your flowers. We finally sold our home so I won't be planting many flowers this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy for you that your house sold. Now what comes next, I wonder. Whatever it is I hope it works out for you!!

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear about your headaches...not fun. Looks like the thrift store yielded your reading material for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I need to plant more roses, especially climbers. Your's is lovely. I had my thrifting fix on Friday, and was planning to go to some garage sales, but figured I spent so much time out of Friday that I needed to get some work done on Saturday. Just as well with all that rain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about your migraines. I suffered for 31 years--took Inderol the whole time and still had a heckuva terrible time with them. So glad they are gone!
    Hope you feel better

    ReplyDelete