Saturday 28 March 2015

Tea Cups


I had fantastic luck this morning and found a number of lovely tea cups for my ever-growing collection.  I bought three at a garage sale and on the way back we stopped at a church that advertized a garage sale. Amid a lot of junk I spied tea cups and my pulse quickened I'm sure. Of the ones they had I chose 5.




This pretty blue-flowered one is by Royal Windsor. I like the fancy handle it has.


I actually thought these two were identical but when I got home and took a closer look I saw they are almost but not totally the same. One has pink flowers with tiny yellow ones peeking out from behind while the other set has yellow aand pink flowers with small blue ones in the background. These two are my favourites of the ones I got today.  Although in the photo one looks paler than the other that's just my camera. They're actually the same colour.



The cup and saucer on the left below are Queen Anne and the pattern is "Autumn Glory". Quite appropriate for the colourful Zinnias, don't you think?  The other pale yellow cup is Windsor.


This palest blue tea cup has an unusual shape, pretty trim around the top edge, and a single red rose inside.


The black and white C & S are Queen Anne and inside the words Wedding Anniversary are written. I can always turn the cup in such a way as to hide this if I want.   The last C & S are pretty but quite ordinary and are made by Colclough. It does have a nice scalloped edge.


It is a wild and windy day out. The wind has blown the rain away but we sure had a downpour overnight.  A few more Daffodils fell over so I cut them and brought them in.  Now I have some baking to do and the kitchen floor to wash. While I'm doing that I'll dream of a new cupboard to put my newest acquisitions in. 

                                 Granny Marigold

2 comments:

  1. I think you ARE going to need a new cupboard! I like the blue one with the unusual shape and the one with zinnias! :) Great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have found your blog! I love the tea cups. I may have one like yours with the blue roses. Need to plunder through the cupboard and see. It would be hard to pick a favorite from the nice collection you found. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete