Friday 27 March 2015

Teapot Hill

My DIL and a friend were planning on hiking up Teapot Hill and asked my DH and myself if we'd like to come along. The hike was rated easy and the time given was about an hour each way. We thought we'd be fine with that so off we went. Today is the last day of Spring break for the children so it was great for them too. The sun shone and we had a lovely day. The views along the way were stunning whether it was of the lake below or the moss-covered trees and ferns that flourished beside the path.



I don't know if this photo really shows how much moss is covering each tree trunk and branch.


Whether people got the idea of leaving teapots 'hidden' along the way because of the name or if that's how the hill got its name we don't know but we did spot teapots!!  Here my granddaughter  just spied one.


Here are two tiny ones hidden in a rotten stump.  For some unknown reason my computer insists on loading it sideways again!! I'd just leave it out but I really like the colours in this pic.





So many things to observe as we walked...and walked...and walked some more. The hike was definitely NOT easy. Whoever rated it had a totally different idea of easy than we do but we made it.  It was funny because towards the end of the hike when we two seniors didn't know if we could go another step perfect strangers encouraged us to persevere. I doubt there was any part of that path that wasn't steep which was just as hard coming down as going up. Tomorrow we will feel it in our legs, I'm sure but we're glad we went.

Now I'm perfectly happy to spend a quiet, restful evening.

                    Tired out Granny Marigold

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of teapot hill. And all the moss! How amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly delightful...the sweetest of names :)
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete