Wednesday 11 March 2015

This and That

I tried again to post my pictures and some did post as they should but there were still a few that insisted on being side-ways. This one shows  the area by my front door.



             This is at the back of the house. I have been tidying up as much as I can.


                       My Daffodils in the back yard...

              .

          Lots of Crocuses. This is one of the pics that insisted on being on its side.


This pretty tea pot was brought home to me by my son, the one who manages the apartment/townhouse complex. People leave things they don't want in the lobby  for anyone who wants them. Such a great way of recycling stuff.
At first I thought the tea pot might be Corelle but it has' Sadler, made in England' written underneath.


I just came back from the library and picked up two books I had requested. I did so strictly going by recommendations I had read on-line. I hope they will be as good as some thought. 
One is The Gifts of Imperfection..  Let go of who you think you're supposed to be and Embrace who you are.  Might be kind of late in life for this granny but we'll see.  The second book is fiction. Tomorrow there will be Apricots by Jessica Soffer.  Oh yes, the first book is by Brene Brown.

Our many days of sunshine seem to be at an end at least for now because it is currently raining. One thing I love about rain is sleeping to the sound of it on the skylight over my bed. So cozy.
I hope you are keeping nice and cozy too.

           Granny Marigold

        

2 comments:

  1. I like that teapot! You have a lot of spring around you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gifts of Imperfection sounds interesting. Hopefully, as we get older we care less about what others think and we feel more free to be ourselves. Cute little teapot! :)

    ReplyDelete