Wednesday 4 December 2013

This and that

We're having wintery weather with cold winds and freezing temperatures. Not totally unknown for this time of year but rain is more what we usually get.  I have been feeling a little under the weather. Today I was resting and reading a cookbook ( I tend to read them as one would read a novel), and I came upon a recipe for low-fat scones. Now DH and I love our scones, and I'm always on the look-out for lower calorie recipes, so I made my way to the kitchen and mixed up a rather wet dough ( among other ingredients it called for a grated apple). I had a hard time patting it out and may have overworked the dough.  The scones are edible but not great. I think I'll stick to my old recipe. In fact, that is often how it is when I venture away from the tried-and-true. I'm not an adventurous food-maker. I do it because I like to eat and I like to know what I'm eating. Nevertheless, DH and I will eat the scones... split, toasted, and with lots of jam!
                                                                         Granny Marigold
                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment