Thursday 7 November 2013

This and That

It's very quiet around here. Outside the rain is coming down relentlessly so no walk for me today. So I'm wondering what to write about. Maybe a tour of my livingroom would interest some. It is "organized clutter",full of things I find delightful.  Most of the furniture is antique; the sofa and chairs are from the 1930's . As you can see I didn't bother tidying up before I snapped the pics so you see it as it is. My Mary Englebreit book on the coffee table, open to the last page I read.





 The tall plants in the front window help to provide some privacy from the street. I used to have sheer curtains but even that cut the light too much on this the North side of the house.
 You may see Christmas items around-----they stay there all the year. Of course I have LOTS more I'll get out closer to Christmas but the room has touches of December all the time. In one of the display cupboards I have a sign that says " I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all year round." Kind of sums up my way of thinking.
 In the dining room I changed my Autumn display on the sideboard to a much simpler one.
           The old Singer sewing machine that was my mother's is another spot for "pretties".
                                         And of course more teddy bears having tea!
                                                 I hope you've enjoyed the tour.   

2 comments:

  1. Hi Granny Marigold! I love the tour! Isn't it fun to have your treasures around you? Your living room is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a lot of fun to be surrounded by one's pretties! I'm glad you popped by.

      Delete