Tuesday 2 December 2014

Cookies

I read somewhere that this is Cookie Baking Week. Now whether it really is or not I'm sure many of us are at least thinking about which cookies we plan on making this year. One of our favourite recipes is for this 2 bite sized yummyness.

                      Chocolate-dipped Orange Log Cookies

3 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp. baking powder
grated rind of 2 oranges

1 cup butter, room temp.
1 cup sugar
2 eggs

Mix first 5 ingredients together and set aside.
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Stir in dry ing. 
Form small logs and cut into pieces about two inches long.
Bake on parchment paper covered cookie sheets until just starting to show some gold colour. These should not be over baked or they will tend to be dry.  
350 degrees about 10 to 12 minutes

When cool dip each cookie halfway into melted chocolate and set back on the parchment to dry. When the chocolate has solidified layer them in whatever you are freezing them in separating the layers with either more parchment or even wax paper.

I seem to go through so much parchment paper! I use it for so many things. EXCEPT today I am making a meatloaf for supper and trying out the no stick aluminum foil just to see how that works. I am WAY too lazy to scrub a greasy pan after doing any sort of meat PLUS, as an almost total vegetarian I don't like dealing with meat OR the mess it leaves behind so I make it as easy as I can on myself.
Here are a few pics of my cookie making. You can see I sprinkled a bit of flour on the counter to make rolling the logs easy. If you try this recipe, let me know if you liked it. Maybe I'll be encouraged to post a few more of our favourites.





Happy baking,     Granny Marigold

2 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! I'll be starting my cookie baking next week-I'm making a tree skirt this week and we'll be out of town at the weekend. I love baking Christmas cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so yummy! Orange and chocolate go so well together. Thanks for the recipe. And thanks for stopping by my blog too -- it's so nice to meet new folks!

    ReplyDelete