Friday 29 May 2015

Flowers in my Garden

My photos are very,very slow in loading and so in between pics I run downstairs where I have a collaging project going. Getting my exercise !!

Its sunny and hot again. I went out just to sprinkle the areas where I've sown seeds. Our sandy soil dries out so quickly.

The Mock Orange is beginning to bloom. I can hardly see it from the porch and have to make a separate trip to the back to appreciate it but it is worth it.  Isn't that blue Hosta magnificent?  The area just to the left of here is where the composters are. Not at all scenic, but necessary.


The early Irises are fading but there are others just coming into their own now. Like this dark yellow one

                             and the flamboyant red Oriental Poppies

                        I love this Lily. Still so many buds yet to open!

Some years the Foxgloves do better than others.  I think this will be one of the better years!  The peach one I bought last year didn't make it through the winter but I have bought another one that I hope will do better.  

This little spot between the picket fence and parking  area  pleases me. The Foxglove self-seeded there, right in front of the Clematis, but it works. The California poppies also pop up in random spots. The plant just on the left is a white Daisy which will bloom later in summer.

That's a peek at my yard today. Have a wonderful weekend.


         Granny Marigold


2 comments:

  1. Oh I enjoyed a peek at your flowers! Your yard is beautiful! That yellow Iris is stunning, and the red poppies! I haven't seen a mock orange is a long time. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's SO pretty! You have a lot of lovely plants, GM!

    ReplyDelete