Friday 22 May 2015

The Velveteen Rabbit



I have no idea why I feel like doing a post on The Velveteen Rabbit except that the story is so sweet and touching and I wanted to remind you of it.





Weeks passed, and the little Rabbit grew very old and shabby, but the Boy loved him just as much.
He loved him so hard that he loved all his whiskers off,
and the pink lining to his ears turned grey, and his brown
spots faded. He even began to lose his shape,
and he scarcely looked like a rabbit any more,
except to the Boy. To him he was always beautiful,
and that was all that the little Rabbit cared about.
He didn't mind how he looked to other people,
because the nursery magic had made him Real,
and when you are Real shabbiness doesn't matter.”

The Velveteen Rabbit
is a children's novel written by Margery Williams
and illustrated by

William Nicholson.


 What children's books are you particularly fond of?

            Granny Marigold

3 comments:

  1. TVR is a precious story!
    How is your wrist? I hope you are past the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell myself...one week down, 5 to go . My wrist, being in a cast, doesn;t hurt but is terribly bulky and makes me feel useless. On the positive side I'm having a lot more time to read!! Also managed to plant some newly acquired flowers using one hand ( and a trowel, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Velveteen Rabbit. I recently ordered a copy of Thundercake by Patricia Polacco. It's one of my favorites by that author. I have SO MANY favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete