Sunday 13 November 2016

The Doldrums and Body Scrubs


The dictionary defines the doldrums as "in low spirits, gloomy".  Lately I've been in the doldrums and yesterday I decided enough is enough. I cleaned my house then baked cinnamon buns. After that I went to read some blogs and noticed that several people  were making body scrubs. I looked up how to make them and found that it sounded quite easy.



The only ingredient I needed to buy was coconut oil. I went to  Walmart and bought a 500 ml jar for under $5.


I had enough of the coconut oil to make three different scrubs:  a sea salt scrub with lemon, a Chai tea with honey, and a Lemon Mint.  I found 4 cute little jars to put the first two kinds in. Still have to get more small jars for the Chai tea one. I may need more for that one because I made sure I used up the remaining coconut oil.



               I think these scrubs will make nice token gifts at Christmas, don't you?



By the way, these photos are off the internet. My pics were not nearly as cute.

So my question to you is this: Do you get the Doldrums from time to time?  If you do, how do you get out of them? Do you have a strategy ?  
Have you tried to make body scrubs or anything along that line?

Thanks for visiting,


Granny Marigold

7 comments:

  1. I think everyone gets the doldrums. I don't very often---but when I do, I find puttering in the garden or the kitchen cures that.
    Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I am feeling a little down in the dumps, I retreat to the craft room and put on some old vinyl LPs and have a good sing along. It works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do. But, then I remember the "magic of ordinary days." Kaye
    Park City, UT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes it usually calls for a movie and a nap:) I have never made bath salts...ours would have to be fragrance free:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, the only thing that cures the doldrums is to get the heck out of the house. No good can come of holing up in the house and thinking about my problems.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too get the doldrums once and awhile. As you know we are great walkers so heading outside is a good remedy for me. Sometimes just hopping in the car and heading out for a ride works too.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The body scrubs look wonderful! Would make great birthday gifts ;) - Sheila

    ReplyDelete