Tuesday 1 August 2017

August


I considered calling this post Testing Testing because one of the things I'm doing is trying to see why I'm having trouble with my computer. Son2 installed a different mouse and now I can post pics but I can't download any from my camera. I will have to wait until he has time to look at what could be the problem.

Meanwhile it is extremely hot and uncomfortable. The air quality is bad due to all the wildfires. This morning the sun looked like an orange ball seen through a haze. The photo doesn't really capture that.
That photo I grabbed off our local paper's post on FB.



I knew today, August first, is Lammas Day but did not know it is also Lughnasa day. For all I know it's more or less the same. Anyway,here we are halfway between Summer and Fall. Are you ready for Fall yet?

Thanks for visiting,

          Please leave a comment so I know you came by,


                    Granny Marigold

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry it's so roasty toasty in your neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'd better go harvest some crops from our garden - after the sun goes over the hill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your temperatures are higher than ours. The high here today was in the mid 80's. I don't know if I am ready for fall yet or not. I love the beautiful foliage during autumn, but I am still happy to think of it as being summer for a few more weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picturesque little spider's web! Try to stay cool and avoid that outside air!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The light coming in and shining on the walls was so reddish this morning, it was weird. On a good note the smoke kept the temperature down a few degrees. Time passes so fast, I'm just getting used to it being Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your heat doesn't hang around for too much longer.
    We are having a slight break from the heat and humidity right now and I am enjoying it immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO ready for fall!!
    - Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, your hot humid weather sounds like our normal weather for August, and here we have slightly cooler temps. Strange weather. Hope yours cools down soon. What would we do without children who know all about computers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard you are having a warm spell, hope you are staying cool! :)

    ReplyDelete