Friday, 21 August 2026

Apple Crisp and an Update

 

 I made an Apple crisp this morning.  Actually it was an apple/plum crisp. I wanted to make it just with plums but not enough were ripe yet. They are very slow in ripening.  I was distracted when I was putting it together and used oregano instead of cinnamon!  I added extra cinnamon to offset the oregano.  Getting my spices mixed up hasn't happened to me for quite a while.

the picture is off the internet 


 The main difference between an apple crumble and an apple crisp lies in their toppings   An apple crisp contains rolled oats that bake into a crunchy topping, whereas an apple crumble uses a simple streusel made only with flour, butter, and sugar without oats.


Thank you for all the concern about my DH's head injury. We finally got a doctor's appointment yesterday. I went along ( it's easier than trying to find out what exactly the doctor said)  What he did say was that DH should have either an MRI or a CT scan. I forget which. Just to make sure there's no bleeding in his head.
We couldn't see our usual doctor due to the short notice so we saw one of the new ones in the practice. Very young man, very enthusiastic.  Almost bouncy. He made me think of Tigger.
 
Eldest Daughter is coming for lunch so I should get going.  Thanks for dropping by.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment