Monday, 17 August 2026

Wildflowers

 

Monday again and here's me doing laundry and watering my houseplants. Hopefully my hair is not quite as bad as hers is.  It's partly cloudy this morning and I can't figure out if there's smoke in the air of fog. Hopefully it burns off by noon.

On our walk yesterday I took some pictures of wildflowers/weeds.  I mistakenly call this one Tansy Ragwort but it is just plain Tansy. Must remember that.  Tansy and Tansy Ragwort are different species in the daisy family. Both have yellow flowers so that confuses me.
 


 I believe this is chicory, which can be used as a substitute for coffee. 


  I know thistles are an invasive weed but isn't its flower pretty?


 I even have a tea cup with a thistle on it.




That's it for today. I hope the week is off to a good start. 

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment