Lovely weekend weather, cool and a mix of sun and cloud. Perfect weather for cleaning the gutters before the rainy weather arrives. Surrounded as we are on two sides with tall evergreens the gutters quickly get filled with pine needles. Nice to have sons willing to help out.
Dropping in at the Dollar Store gave me a chance to check out 2027 calendars. I chose 2 and both full sized calendars came with smaller versions. I'm certainly ready for the new year. Soon I'll transfer all the birthdays and anniversaries to the one that will hang in the kitchen where I can keep up-to-date with the important dates.
As we usually do on Sunday afternoons we played Dominoes. Normally we would choose the Mexican train version but Youngest found rules on the internet for Chickenfoot so we learned that one. It was a fun variation and I think we'll play that one at least for the foreseeable future.
I've had some questions about the dried flowers/leaves from my flower press and I don't really know yet exactly what I'll make. GD Kate is interested in doing some arrangements and I might just pass mine along to her.
Today is GS Callum's 28th birthday. He's DD Sheila's one and only. He lives in Vancouver and we don't see him all that often but when he does come out he makes time to visit us.
That's about all for today. I know many of you are having trouble with Blogger these days.
My blog list is not up-dating so hopefully I won't miss anyone's latest posts. Hopefully all will get sorted out. I notice that many are reading blogs on Feedly. I must investigate that option.

We need to clean our gutters out too. Pretty calendar. I'll have to check out Chicken Foot for a change from Mexican Train too. :)
ReplyDeleteI've been going to all the blogs I read each day to see if there is a new post. Hopefully blogger will straighten things out soon. It's been quite a while now.
I've never seen dominoes played that way before. Have a great week! Greetings from Sicily
ReplyDeleteSo nice for your sons to help out and get the gutters cleaned out before the rainy weather arrives.
ReplyDeleteI think we will all let out a big cheer when blogger is back to normal!
All the best Jan
I am surprised that blogger is still not working correctly as many people use it! Nice that you have some help with the gutters. Our roof is still under construction, after a pause due to days of rain.
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you have your family around you that they can do jobs for you and your husband like being up on the roof to clean the gutters. What a blessing!
ReplyDeleteIt's good to get the gutters cleared before the rain begins, and even better that you have such willing helpers.
ReplyDeleteI do hope Blogger gets back to normal soon.
Helping sons are a blessing! I was not aware about the problem with Blogger, but I see now that all at the Blogpost list is a week ago. I have a new post now!
ReplyDeleteLovely post! Have a nice day!
ReplyDeleteI live in a 6th floor apartment so I don't have to worry about construction, thankfully. I found your new blog post thanks to my new blog reader, which is free! There are two, Feedly and The Old Reader. You just need to look them up in Google, register and enter the links of the blogs you wish to follow. I look forward to continuing to follow your blog and thank you so much for your visits and kind comments on my blog!
ReplyDeleteBlogger's news reader has been dead for a week now, this is why I (and many others) have chosen any of the above mentioned ways to follow blogs.
My blog roll is not updating either. I'm trying to keep up but I may be missing some.
ReplyDeleteWe had gutter screens installed a few years ago, but now the screens are getting clogged with pollen and moss. A roof cleaning service said they could clean it but they didn't.
I am interested in learning dominos. That looks like fun. We roll with the blogger don't we.? Some of us have been at it a long time, it has become family.
ReplyDelete