It's Thursday and that means it's my day to do the grocery shopping. We went to do that first thing before the stores got crowded. It's a cool Fallish sort of day, perfect for getting things done. I'm not very full of zip after yet another night of not sleeping well. I'll see how it goes.
The gingerbread cake is gone. I thought it was very good but DH was less enthusiastic so I won't make it again. I bought a large bag of dates while shopping and I think that a Date Square will be in order. I'll make it in 2 pans and add dried cranberries and apricots to "mine". I recently bought some dried apricots that are rather dry and hard so that will be a way to use them up. When the cakes are done and cooled I'll cut them up and freeze them being careful to mark which are which because once they're done it's hard to tell.
from the internet
Have you seen any yarn-covered wire hangers at your local thrift store? Or maybe you already have some. I had a friend who was making them for a while and I ended up with some. I soon found that they were perfect for hanging up slippery tops. Now I actually look for pretty ones when I go thrifting. Even light weight cardigans stay on the hanger better when I use one of these.
That's it for today. Thanks for coming by.


No comments:
Post a Comment