It's Labour Day and a holiday for many. Yesterday we had fun playing Dominoes as usual. Even more than usual because DD Sheila doesn't manage to join us very often and when she does there seems to be even more laughing and joking. GD Kate had us in stitches as she described how a bee had managed to get in behind her top at work and she frantically tried to get it out much to the embarrassment of a nearby male coworker.
On Saturday Youngest Son came to finish the job of cleaning up the rose bushes. Tomorrow DH will take that last load away and on the way back pick up a load of bark mulch to put down around the "stumps" of the roses. Hopefully come Spring they will regrow.
What I'm reading these days....I found this book at the thrift store and so far I'm enjoying it.
After World War II, real estate tycoon Cyril Conroy buys a lavish Philadelphia estate known as the Dutch House. He intends it as a surprise for his wife, but the display of wealth drives her to abandon the family.
Cyril marries a new woman named Andrea. When Cyril dies, Andrea banishes his children—Danny and his older sister Maeve—from the estate, cutting them off from their fortune.
The Journey: Narrated by Danny, the story spans five decades. Left with only each other, the siblings rely on their deep bond to navigate life, education, and careers while repeatedly returning to the memory of what they lost
.
I think an afternoon nap would be a great idea. I'll just check to see if the washer and dryer are done.
I hope your week is off to a good beginning.
I hope your week is off to a good beginning.
Thanks for coming by.


No comments:
Post a Comment