Friday, 25 September 2026

Friday Chit Chat

 

 


After seemingly endless days of drought we're having a day of light rain which is forecast to last all day. That should soak gently into the thirsty soil. It may be too late for some plants but hopefully many will be given a boost.

Earlier in the week I baked a dark fruit cake using an old recipe which I modified to make only one loaf.  It turned out very moist and it reminds me a lot of  Bara Brith , the Welsh Tea Loaf that I made some months ago. The main difference is I substituted molasses for the tea that the Welsh recipe called for.


 Another quick trip to the thrift store to drop off a few boxes. Of course I went in and browsed. I saw these pretty place mats that are only 8 by 11 inches, perfect for snack time.  They were pinned together and it was only after I came home that I realized that there were 6, not just 4 as I had thought. Bonus.

 


 

Pretty flowers for the table 


 



 An Afterthought.... I saw this cute meme (?) on Pinterest and I thought I'd post it for someone who is in the process of renovating their home.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment