Thursday, 10 September 2026

This and That

 

 


 

 Beautifully cool morning. Grocery shopping is done and my day lies ahead of me. What will I choose to do?  Because of the ongoing problem with my back/hip I won't be able to do a lot of bending but I'm sure there are other outside activities I can manage.  Yesterday I baked and we're set for the next few days. So far the Impossible Pumpkin pie and the cream cheese filled chocolate muffins have been declared delicious by family.  Earlier in the week I made corn bread and forgot the baking soda. It happens. 

 

One of my birthday gifts was this flower press which I have filled with various greenery and flowers


That's it for today.  Thanks for visiting.

 

 


 

 


13 comments:

  1. Did I forget to wish you a Happy Birthday? Well, I wish you a Happy Month as well, keep celebrating, I always say! Your baking is such a treat to see, you sure keep busy! Have the best day, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, illustrations and gifts! Thank you so much for sharing. The Blogger news reader is not working...for 2 days now. It isn't showing any new posts at all! I came here to visit you directly and found your post.
    I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house must smell wonderful. Hope your back/hip feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pots of pansies in your header, GM. I hope your hip/back soon resolves. Baking is always appreciated, I find. And I think we all forget an ingredient from time to time. Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't do much baking because there are just Tom and me to eat it, and we don't need the calories. I do enjoy eating your baked goods vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading about your days. I had a flower press but gave it to a young girl that I thought would use it, but i don't think she ever did. But maybe one day?
    I want to bake, but it is hot and humid here, again. Next week should cool down. Fingers crossed!
    I do hope your hip/back problem can be resolved soon. It must be limiting for you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just the photos of your baked goods make my mouth water. I used to make some pumpkin muffins with cream cheese filling. I remember that I have cream cheese in the fridge right now with no plans for it -- so I think I'll dig out that old recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like cool mornings and days filled with possibilities. And muffins. I hope your hip/back gets better soon.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely images! But sorry to hear that your hip issues continue. That makes every chore that much more difficult (and painful). The cream cheese filled chocolate muffins are so yummy. Here we call them Riley Muffins since I was baking that recipe for the very first time when we got the call that our grandson had just been born. This week he started high school! Where have the years gone?
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed the words on the illustrations here and your baking looks good.

    I do hope your hip/back gets better soon... take care.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about your hip. Taking it easy is not always easy! I do love your flower press.

    ReplyDelete