Sunday 21 May 2017

Birds, Houses, and a Tree

It was a very warm day; that may be why there were less birds to be seen than on previous visits. We did see these Sandhill Cranes who were quite approachable. They had no baby to protect since both this year's babies died. When they have young ones they can be quite dangerous.



                       Wood Ducks are very pretty... maybe I should say handsome since the male is much
 more colourful than the female.



                        Lots of blooming bushes...


                          and Lupines growing by the paths.



         I like old houses even more than bird watching. We saw these on the way.




Stopped to ask a fellow what kind of tree he had in the front yard but he didn't know. Could it be a Jacaranda? Does anyone know? I typed in tree with pale purple tubular flowers and that's what I got.


It really felt like Summer today. We get a few more of these days then some rain by the middle of the week. It's amazing how quickly pots dry out in the heat. I had to do some watering when we got home.

I hope you had a lovely Sunday and that the week ahead will be a pleasant one.

Thanks for visiting today.


             Granny Marigold

12 comments:

  1. Those birds seem quite tame! I love the old houses. Thanks for taking us along on your walk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an Empress Tree.
    We loved the warmth today as we toured gardens and the worked in our own yard before sitting outside to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I wish we had some open gardens nearby to tour. That is my idea of fun.

      Delete
  3. I was going to say Chinese Empress tree. I had never seen one, but a nursery I worked at about 14 years ago had one. Lovely in bloom and huge leaves as I remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, that doesn't really make sense. I had never seen one until I worked at the nursery.

      Delete
  4. Photo #4, beautiful spirea bush!!! I love them!

    Gorgeous old homes. Love them, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer has sure come to my part of Texas! The houses are so pretty, they have character. Nature is God's beauty to behold, enjoyed all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty sure those trees grow in this part of the country, and I have always wondered what kind of tree it is. The flowers look a little like the wisteria flower. Wood ducks are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy coming to visit with you, Granny. You enjoy so many of the same things that I do...all parts of nature and flowers in particular. :) I wish we lived closer. That tree is beautiful. And I loved having a peek at your potting shed...my dream, you know, is to have one of my own one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been warm here in BC but cooler weather on the way for tomorrow apparently. That's OK with me, I need to get some summer clothes out soon!!!

    I love old houses too, how beautiful these are. I always like to imagine the people who lived in these types of gorgeous big houses, through the years.

    Have a super week. Hugs, G

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I didn't realize that sand cranes were that large until just recently. Really love the trim on that second house! Lupines you saw on your walk are so pretty. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to see birds, flowers and old houses!

    ReplyDelete