Thursday 25 May 2017

Dishes & Aprons


This week's thrifty buys include these lovely dinner plates, cup and saucer, and three pastel bowls, all for three dollars.



I have never had a gravy boat and I know I won't use it often but for a dollar I thought I'd buy it. The pretty tea cups were .50 as was the apron!!  Can you believe all the cross stitching and work on it and it sells for half a dollar!

This apron is one I've had for a while and it's one of my favourites with the contrast of bright pink and black. I had baked scones and couldn't resist putting a few on my  Royal Albert "Lavender Rose" plate . We've had a couple of cooler days so I did some baking before the very warm weekend arrives.


Speaking of weekends... I hope yours is a good one.  Thanks for popping by.

Granny Marigold

8 comments:

  1. Hi Granny Marigold, you have such great prices at your thrift stores! I love the apron, you are right, 50 cents is a crazy price for it.
    Your scones look delicious. It is cool and rainy here today, maybe I will bake some too!
    Have a good weekend!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, my first time to visit your blog! I enjoyed seeing your very thrifty finds! Such pretty plates and cups! Those scones look mighty delicious too :) Have a lovely Memorial Day weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love thrift shopping, most of the time you can find the cutest/nicest things. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh mercy! That "Lavender Rose" plate!!!!!! And the scones too, of course. Be still my heart!

    Please... A picture of that lovely plate, without any thing on it, some time?

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great haul and real bargains. Such a shame that the apron was given such little value, but a great bonus for you it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really did find some pretty things. I love the pastel bowls. The little roses on the plate look so pretty with the roses on your apron. You make me want to go to the thrift store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found some good finds! I have bought many a crocheted doily or embroidered cloth because the price was so low and I know how much work goes into handmade pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great finds especially the apron! :)

    ReplyDelete