Sunday 28 January 2018

This and That







It's been a week since I last posted and I must admit I still don't have much to write about. It's so dreary out with the never-ending rain that I brought in one of the pots that I planted Daffodil bulbs in last Fall.  They were showing some green tips when I brought them in and now they've really taken off.  So far no sign of buds...  



M. is learning about castles and knights in grade 3. Each student had to make a castle ( with some parental help). I think his turned out very well. His dad helped with the working draw bridge.
Together they made a working catapult too.  His oral presentation is written on those pages in the background. I remember absolutely dreading standing in front of the class and having to give a presentation while this little guy is completely at ease with it.


 I hope the new week will give me some inspiration. Like the photo below says..maybe something new.

                 GRANNY MARIGOLD



10 comments:

  1. He certainly did well making the castle, nice he is confident about his presentation. We have some bulbs just starting to poke through the soil, sadly I don't remember what they are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like he worked hard on his project and presentation. I was also uncomfortable speaking in school, dreaded being called to the front. I planted a lot of daffodils last fall and hope they do well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love watching plants grow, it's fascinating! Good job on the castle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job of the castle! Hmmm, seeing your daffs make me feel guilty about the packs of tulips I bought with the intention of planting them in pots and forcing them for early spring bloom....they're still in the pantry waiting to be planted! Oops!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making models like that was my favourite part of school. I remember making a model of an ancient Egyptian's home in grade 6 or 7. The dreaded 'Speeches' we had to do each year, oh how I feared having to do those! Your GS sounds like he is doing well.
    Do you not find that the daffodils indoors seem to get so leggy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do get leggy. These are worse than the tete-a-tete ones since these are the taller kind. I'll probably cut the blooms and stick them in a vase.
      ( These bulbs were the ones I got greatly reduced in price last fall.)

      Delete
  6. I wish Ihad thought to plant some flower bulbs in pots last fall! You have inspired me! I am going to write that down in my notebook so that I don't forget to do it in the fall. It will be like having a breath of spring right in your home in a few weeks!

    Your grandson did a wonderful job on his castle. Thank you for sharing that with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the castle! Being comfortable to get up in front of a group and speak is a wonderful trait to possess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the drawbridge, nice project.. Any thing green in pots looks like spring to me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling little tiger cubs hanging on for dear life on the line. Cute! The castle is a real work of art. With a working draw bridge and all. I am sure he did well on his oral presentation.
    I sure would like to be watching some daffodils grow. Snowing today. A few more months of this. A pot of growing daffodils would certainly give me a smile. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete