Monday 26 January 2015

Snowdrops

I brought a tiny bouquet of snowdrops in today. These images are off the internet; my clumps are definitely  not as lush as these. For some reason snowdrops tend to disappear after a few years instead of naturalizing as they are supposed to do. Next Fall I'll once again plant some bulbs and hope those will thrive.



I haven't been posting much because I've not been well.  This cough just will not go away.
Nevertheless we went to get another load of lovely black soil this morning and took advantage of the nice weather to spread it out. With mild weather the Daffodils are poking up everywhere!! I removed the mulch covering the Primroses and I am hoping they will soon show signs of growth.

In the kitchen today about all I did was make a Banana Loaf. That had to be done before the bananas were beyond using. I hate to waste food. Also made some small jars of jam...Apricot and also Cherry.
Being Monday I had laundry to do , in fact the dryer is still running and I must go see if the load of jeans is dry.  I hope your day went well.
                    Granny Marigold

2 comments:

  1. No snowdrops here. We only will get in April. That bug that's going around, I was told by a couple of Drs. that it last a month or more. Improved strain on last year virus. Hope it goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. My two year old grand baby, and my husband and I all seem to have something we can't get rid of too. We all three have a cough plus feeling just plain yukky to go along with it. BUT IT WILL GET BETTER! :)

    I've never planted snowdrops before, but I could see how they could be very cheery this time of year. I hope the new crop you plant this year will be more productive for you. My daffodils are popping their happy little heads up too.

    Hope you feel better today and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete