A cloudy and cooler morning and very welcome it is. Yesterday the temperature fell quickly in the afternoon and by suppertime we had thunder and lightning, even a bit of rain. I wish it had been more but I'm sure my flowers appreciated the coolness. We don't often get thunderstorms here but having grown up on the prairies where storms are so very severe yesterday's was not impressive to DH and myself. However, M and his Dad were watching the light show while it lasted.
We ordered more Blueberries and they were delivered last evening. Each box contains 5 lbs. Various members of the family want some and we'll freeze the rest.
Because it was cool yesterday I made a big pot of Beef Stew. We had it for supper and there's lots left. Don't you just love it when there are leftovers and you don't have to figure out what to make? I should make a nice dessert though. One that uses Blueberries!!
On the subject of desserts #2 son ( the one who likes to bake in his spare time) made a Walnut Bundt cake and shared some. Normally I'm not much of a fan of walnuts but this cake was so good.
I have such a sweet tooth and find any and all sweets delicious!
That's about all for today. I hope you have a good day. Thanks for coming by.

Beef stew sounds amazing! And your son's walnut cake looks delicious. Love the meme at the end. lol. It would be amazing if we could. :)
ReplyDeleteI love anything with blueberries and look forward to seeing what you bake. The bundt cake looks delicious. I enjoy the sweetness of baked walnuts. Have a great weekend, GM!
ReplyDeleteA little cool weather would be welcome here!
ReplyDeleteDear friend, I love ❤️ the illustration and quote at the end of your post. It made me smile 😃 😊
ReplyDeleteBlueberries 🫐 are delicious 😋 and healthy.
Beef stew sounds heartwarming and scrumptious.
Yesterday and today, here in Montreal, thank God the weather is cooler and comfortable. It is such a relief.
I hope you have a lovely weekend.
The graphic is funny, that would be great though. We do love a good pot of stew, and it always seems to be even better the next day! I would cook up a pan of cornbread to go with it. :)) Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteA fun fact: Native Americans used blueberry poultices to get rid of the poison from a wound caused by poisoned arrows.
ReplyDeleteSo just use it to make a delicious cake.
I would be making a blueberry pie I think. I was just talking about pie and how much I love them.
ReplyDeleteCathy
After this weekend's eating, I will need that spin in the dryer :-) Jill and Irene are feeding me.
ReplyDeleteOh I love it when I have something in the freezer when I don't feel like cooking. Oh my lots of blueberries. Yummy
ReplyDeleteI do like blueberries.
ReplyDeleteYour sons walnut bundt cake looks good.
All the best Jan
Your blueberries look good!
ReplyDeleteI love blueberry...Good Saturday, Andreja!
ReplyDeleteThat bundt cake looks great. Yes, I have a sweet tooth too.....got it from my dad. All your blueberries look great too....better make something with blueberries...a buckle, a cobbler, a crisp???
ReplyDeleteHi Diane, Thank you for so faithfully commenting. Most of the blueberries have been frozen and are in the freezer ready for winter jams and such. Take care
DeleteVolim borovnice, kod tebe svi vrijedni, ima delikatesa...lp
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment. How nice that blueberries also grow in Croatia.
DeleteSvi ste pravi gastroumjetnici...lijepo
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment
DeleteEnjoy those blueberries. That walnut cake looks delicious. And I love leftovers. Happy Saturday.
ReplyDeletersrue.blogspot.com
Thank you for your comment.
DeleteDelicious blueberries! We should go pick blueberries in a few days. In the winter they make great blueberry kissel and blueberry pie. Our husbands don't really want to pick them, but they're helping me.
ReplyDeleteI would love for it to feel cooler and drier here. This morning, I stepped outside and it felt like a warm, muggy bathroom. ): I love bundt cakes of any kind!
ReplyDeleteI know you will be enjoying those blueberries, you always have something yummy to post…stew!….that cake looks delish!. I love the last picture and wish it could be true! Ha! Happy summer blessing to you and yours, Virginia
ReplyDeleteHi Virginia, Thanks for reading my posts and so faithfully leaving a lovely comment. I wish you had a blog so I could visit. Happy Summer to you too.
DeleteGood food at your house! One of my summer conundrums is that i have so many veggies coming in I scarcely have time to cook! Today i cit up onions to dry, picked dill to dry the fronds, made black cherry jam, and picked squash and green beans to deal with tomorrow. Larry dug the rest of the potatoes so those need put away. There are more beans to be picked and more beets to pull, and the basil needs to be cut and dried. So dinner was tomato and lunch meat sandwiches, with a side of sliced cucumbers! Maybe tomorrow i can actually cook.
ReplyDeleteLeckerer Kuchen ist immer toll, und ich kann mir vorstellen, dass du auch einen Blaubeerkuchen backen wirst :-))) Rindereintopf klingt absolut fantastisch - es hat hier den ganzen Tag geregnet... das wäre perfekt, nur die Geschäfte haben heute nicht geöffnet, da es Sonntag ist... wenn es kühl bleibt, hole ich die Zutaten morgen ab!!! Heute gibt es Kartoffeln, Spinat und Eier :-))) Hugs
ReplyDeleteDelicious cake is always great, and I imagine you'll bake a blueberry cake too :-))) Beef stew sounds absolutely fantastic - it's been raining here all day... that would be perfect, only the shops aren't open today since it's Sunday... if it stays cool, I'll pick up the ingredients tomorrow!!! Today we're having potatoes, spinach, and eggs.
DeleteThat looks like a delicious cake! We are finally having thunder this afternoon and rain soon. It's a relief!
ReplyDeleteWe no longer have a local source for blueberries. I miss having them fresh.
ReplyDelete