That
means it's completely acceptable to light the fall candles, shop for
pumpkins, decorate early, and start watching spooky movies without a
single apology.
I took that from the internet, of course, and I agree with all except the spooky movies which I don't like and which keep me from sleeping.
It continues to be hot and dry. Wildfires have done so much damage and have made the air quality dangerous. Nevertheless we keep on with our lives. I know it's a small thing in the big picture but my flowers look ratty and although I water some I can't water them all.
In family news DD Sheila was attacked by an owl near her home. She was coming home from a walk in the evening when an owl that had been sitting on the power line unexpectedly flew down and dug its talons into her hair and scalp ( although it didn't break the skin). She was terrified but thankfully it flew away. She's always liked owls but I think she may be a little leery of them now ( as will I !!!)
looks harmless but don't be fooled
Thanks for visiting



Wow! That was a very frightening moment for your daughter.
ReplyDeleteAUGtober, I love it !!! Does that mean August will be cooler? lol What a scary thing to happen to Sheila, makes me wonder why the owl would do that, maybe a nest with babies near by. Well, it's good the skin wasn't broke . . . hope that owl finds another line to perch on.
ReplyDeleteYikes - I love owls but that would have weirded me completely out!
ReplyDeleteWow, for sure that was a frightening incident for your daughter!
ReplyDeleteThe owl is beautiful. And a big yes! to the illustration at the end of your post!
I know you can't wait for fall but I am the opposite. I am a summer girl, probably because of all of those years I spent either as a student or a school teacher.
ReplyDeleteBeing attacked by an owl is a hazard I have never considered. Yikes!
Oh my that would have been scary. Didn't know they did that. Was she near a nest?
ReplyDeleteI don't like spooky movies either. And for me it is too hot and sunny to appreciate the warm tones of autumn, their time will come. Stay cool!
ReplyDeleteAmalia
xo
How disturbing -- about the owl attack. But I also find disturbing the idea that we would want to skip the remainder of August and September and get on with Fall!! I intend to soak up all the summer I can, to give me a little momentum going into the time of short days and cold nights. August, I'm sticking with you for now!
ReplyDeleteI wonder if there was a nest near. That is so scary.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry about your fires we have had the smoke here earlier in July.
I am looking forward to crisp clear days.
Cathy
Uff...moment time:((
ReplyDeleteYikes! The owl attack would have been frightening.
ReplyDeleteI love summer and don't want to see it end yet. It finally feels like summer weather has arrived!
I am so sorry to hear about the owl attacking your daughter. That had to be really scary for her.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love the last meme that you posted. It's so true for me right now. :) xx
wow, that would be scary!!! Lord have mercy! I like a quiet life too!
ReplyDeleteHi GM! I like both of the posted signs on your post today, and I couldn't agree more. I'm looking very much forward to gettting out my fall tub of lovelies. About the electric skillet, I have had them in the past, one was sturdy like the one I found, and the other a wanna be electric skillet/teflon. It works beautifully and I am overjoyed I found one, as I to lamented about disposing of mine. I found room for this one, as I have been decluttering/organizing. Owl? scary. I'm so glad she wasn't hurt.
ReplyDeleteThat's really unusual for an owl to do that!
ReplyDelete