Saturday, 29 August 2026

Saturday Trivia

 A busy Saturday morning here with Youngest Son arriving early to help his Dad cut down the overgrown hedge of roses.  There's every chance they'll regrow next Spring. Those rugosa roses are so close to the wild ones that it's hard to kill them even if you wanted to.  After the truck was filled with branches  they took them away, came back and partly filled it again but left it until next week. Both of them were quite tired by that time.


 While YS was out there someone came by and gave him a bag of plums for us. He had no idea which neighbour they were and we don't know who has a plum tree so we don't know who to thank.  I am very fond of plum jam.


 Did you get to see the full moon earlier this week?  It was one of those nights when I couldn't sleep and was out on the porch at 2 A.M. so I got a clear view of the Sturgeon Moon.

Our weather has changed and it feels a lot like Fall. We had a random shower just as the guys started to cut down the roses but fortunately it didn't last long.  Our highs this week are 25  23  20  20  20.  That seems wonderful to me.  


 That's it for today.  Have a lovely Sunday. 

 

Thanks for coming by

 

20 comments:

  1. I love ❤️ Autumn 🍂 and am very happy and relieved that the temperature is cooler and more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love plum jam. How nice of your neighbour to send you some......even if you dont know which one it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's Sunday and we have no "must do's" or "must Go's"so we are taking it slow. It will be cool enough for a mid morning walk. Yay.
    I really like desserts made with Italian prune plums. We don't have any and no one has brought us any. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rose hedge sounds like quite a job. Good you have help getting it taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not had plumb jam in years. We are always cutting our roses back just to keep them in some sort of containment.
    The weather is very fall like here cold crisp mornings and warm lovely days.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to get the rose hedges trimmed. Nice to have neighbors that give you plums.:). Yes, I did see the full moon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your temps sound nice. We are back in a heat wave for the first week of September :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had some chilly raindrops that lasted about 5 minutes on Thursday, and Friday it was back to full on summer. Highs this week hover around 97 each day. My poor yards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't get to see the moon, but there were many wonderful photographs of the event on the television news channels and internet which were lovely to see.

    I do like that Autumn meme.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like your guys got a lot of good work done. Isn't tha tnice to have such great help! How nice that you got a bag of plums! I can't believe it is almost September. Where has this year gone? Yes I love pumpkin too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did see that moon! I didn't know it was the Sturgeon Moon, though. And I saw it partially eclipsed. But the night before, when it was *almost* full, it was so beautiful...

    What a treat to get mystery plums! I found the most delicious plums at a fruit stand over an hour away, when I was driving north a few weeks ago. I bought a bag on the way up, and loved them so, I bought a larger bag on the way home! They were "black" plums, so sweet and firm -- my favorite for eating fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm Adding Rosa rugosa to the future planting list, I had forgotten about them until you mentioned them. Thank you 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a big job to cut off the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi - getting things done before winter sets in is important- love your Autumn Poster. Best Wishes. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was very kind of your neighbor. I love plums but have to purchase them from the produce market. I'm not quite ready to give up summer quite. But I'll also enjoy fall when it gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I missed seeing the Sturgeon Moon. Even though the calendar will soon say fall, it will be a while before cooler weather gets here. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Missed the moon, cloudy here. Weather is up and down. I love looking at the moon, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice price on the apples...I paid 3.29 a pound the other day. Yes September is here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I too love plum jam! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete