This was our supper last night. It's something we both like a lot. It was the perfect way to use some apples that were no longer very firm).
pictures from the internet
After more days of 30C weather we are enjoying some cooler days. What a relief. Now we need a good rain. We did have showers on the weekend but that was not nearly enough to satisfy the dry ground.
Thank you for the birthday wishes. I must explain the last picture on my last post. I didn't know that the commercial with that quote was only aired in Canada and the US. It was advertising a medical alert bracelet and featured an elderly woman who falls and dramatically shouts the iconic line to a dispatcher. You can watch the whole ad on Google if you have any wish to do so.
Birthday Bouquet
From one packet of Cosmos seeds I have several different blooms: single and double ones in a few different shades of pink.
The internet tells me that Cosmos grow best in hot, dry, sunny spots and actually produce fewer flowers if they get too much water or too rich soil. Our soil is sandy and doesn't hold water so I was watering them often. I think the ones that grow next year from dropped seeds should be more able to do well in our dry summer. I may have accustomed these to regular watering and now they droop if the soil is completely dry.
That's it for today. Actually I've been working on this post on and off for hours. I keep getting distracted by things that need doing before I forget. I saw this and thought it described me today.




happy birthday!!! the meme about your brain is me every day! except I don't repot plants, plants is what my Husband does! :)
ReplyDeleteThe birthday bouquet and other flowers are beautiful! Isn't it a welcome relief to have some cooler days? I am thrilled! Thank you so much for sharing, dear friend.
ReplyDeleteSorry missed your birthday but it looks like a happy one. Lovely flowers.
ReplyDeleteCathy
Your birthday flowers are lovely and your cosmos are such pretty colors. Thanks for the recipe, looks delish! I think that last meme describes me to a T !! Have a happy day and don’t work too hard. Best, Virginia
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Andreja
ReplyDeleteI miss translate:))
If I find someone to install the translate feature I'll surely get them to do so. Sorry.
DeleteHappy birthday for yesterday... I've copied your last picture to share with a friend... it's so me, and I know she will laugh
ReplyDelete'And now I'm potting plants'!!! Thats a perfect thought for today.
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are beautiful. And I love the last meme that you put up. I've felt like that a lot lately. :) xx
ReplyDeleteI so often get distracted on the way to doing something. :). The Dutch Baby looks delicious! Beautiful blooms.
ReplyDeleteI have Cosmos flowers as part of a design on my arm tattoo - I didn't know they were great in dry hot sunny spots. Maybe I should plant some! They represent my children. (:
ReplyDeleteI love the poster. Thanks for the chuckle.
ReplyDeleteCosmos here: too much shade, and apparently too rich soil. Sigh.
Lovely post!
ReplyDeleteThat last certainly describes me most days!
ReplyDeleteMy luck with cosmos is hit and miss. I didn't plant any this year, but some came up from dropped seeds. It's doing okay but our wet August made it fall over.
Your flowers are so lovely...I don't have any luck growing cosmos. About the Apple Dutch Baby...your recipe doesn't include when you added the apples. Do you saute them first before adding to the batter?
ReplyDeleteEllabie
I saute the apple slices before I add the egg mixture.
DeleteHappy Birthday dear GM! I do like Cosmos myself so pretty.
ReplyDelete