We celebrated the first day of September by going to the plant shop where I restrained myself and bought just a few plants. I chose some pretty purple/rust Mums...2 for me and 2 to share. I also chose a Bunny Ears Cactus which I couldn't resist. It joins my other cacti on the sunny South window.
We had not been to that shop for a while and noticed that they have expanded to include quite a large area with fruit & vegetables. We were able to buy Honey Crisp apples for .99 a lb and lovely pears at the same price. DH is already hinting at Apple Crisp .
I did bake a mini Gingerbread cake just right for two! If you're interested look up the site called One Dish Kitchen, a site that has recipes for one or two. Sometimes an 8X8 or 9X13 is too much.
I just took it out of the oven!! It smells wonderful!
It's a lovely day and I must go out and do a little puttering. Thanks for taking the time to visit.

not me this time


Lovely post and photos. Yes, September has arrived and apparently so have the Christmas decorations, wreaths, lights and the like at Walmart! I wish the stores wouldn't rush us through the seasons!
ReplyDeleteEllabie
I love your mums, such a great color!…and…your cactus window is delightful, especially with the little bunnies. Thanks for the recipe tip for a small household, I’m off to search for it now. Happy September, rabbit, rabbit 🐇🐇. Cheers, Virginia
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of Bunny Ears Cactus. It looks so cute with your collection of bunnies. I will check out the website. My husband tells me all the time that I cook too much for the two of us.
ReplyDeleteLovely photos and your cake looks great.
ReplyDeleteYou were very restrained at the garden centre! Thank you for the website... I'm going to have a look
ReplyDeleteAutumn here all of a sudden, but Christmas things are in the shops already.
ReplyDeleteI knew you would be celebrating the arrival of September. You did it well.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice day!
ReplyDeleteHappy September. Honey Crisp apples are my favorites.
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy a visit to a garden centre and I like the look of your purple/rust 'Mums', they do look nice.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your September days.
All the best Jan
lol...love the meme because that's me anytime we go to a greenhouse.
ReplyDeleteYou are truly a plant lady your gardens must be getting ready for fall.
ReplyDeleteI used to buy mum's but I never felt they lasted long enough.
Cathy
I love your new mums and I can smell your gingerbread from here!
ReplyDeleteMums are so beautiful, the one I purchased last year came back, I was able to keep it alive over summer. It has flowered and it is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteFall mums. I almost bought some at Costco for the picnic table here at the campground but then decided that I would have to try to figure out how to get them home next month. I'll just enjoy everyone else's.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Betsy