Friday, 9 October 2026

My Week

 

 


 

I love these pictures from 2022, the year Kitty had her kittens. The whole thing was such a surprise: first her bedraggled and starved appearance then discovering that she was pregnant.  In the end it was a wonderful experience for our whole family.  In due course good homes were found for all 5 kittens and Kitty continues to live with us.

It has been a busy week in the kitchen.  Sweet potatoes always seem to appear in the grocery store around Thanksgiving and this year is no exception.  I bought a number of them, cut them in half and roasted them. When they were done and cool I froze them for winter meals.  I still have 4 which I'll probably do this weekend.


I made a Clafoutis in ramekins. I took a picture but my computer has stashed it somewhere where I can't find it so here is a picture of a Clafoutis from the internet. 

  

I went to the thrift store to take two big boxes of unneeded stuff and after dropping them off I went in to look for a certain size of dish I needed for an appetizer I'm making for Thanksgiving at Kate's. I didn't find  the right dish but I did find a very lovely bamboo wind chime. We love the gentle sound that the wooden "pipes" make and as soon as a 6' son appears to hang it outside we can start enjoying it.
Just goes to prove that you never know what you'll find at the thrift store. 
( There was a picture of me holding it up but that has disappeared so here's one from the internet.)

 


 The day began with wind and rain but now it's mid-morning and the rain has stopped. Housework must get done. I hope to have a few hours to finally finish my book. I've become such a slow reader that a book like the 500 page tome by Rosamunde Pilcher has taken me so long!!).

Thanks for coming by. 




No comments:

Post a Comment