Tuesday 3 October 2017

Birds and Another Journal page done



Today felt like the perfect Autumn day.__ chilly morning followed by sunshine . Birds are gathering for migration and the back yard was full of motion. One overenthusiastic Robin came crashing into a window but luckily appeared unhurt and flew away  again. A flock of Gold Finches landed on the seed heads of the Rudbeckias and seemed to enjoy the feast. At first I wasn't sure what they were because they were so bright yellow just  a few weeks ago it seems. Now they look more like the photo below.



 I was working on my Fall journal and watching the birds at the same time.
I had already begun these pages but had to put some final touches on them.
I'm not finishing them in chronological order. These are for September.



That was my day. Thanks for coming by. I love to read your comments so please don't be shy.


                     Granny Marigold

12 comments:

  1. I like goldfinches. We had them in our other yard. Miss them here. Your journal pages are so nice. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your journal pages and feel inspired to start a journal myself. It is my intention to get going with one in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see the birds, so pretty, even with their duller winter coats. Your journal is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to have missed at least four of your posts, but sure enjoyed catching up. The pictures of your yard and flowers are just beautiful!! and that craft fair! I would love to have been there. Your journals are so pretty. I wonder if I could do one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can do it so can you. I wasn't sure I could and for a long time wasn't keen on letting anyone see my efforts.

      Delete
  5. My goldfinches seem to have flown away. We have lots of little buntings eating seed heads of wild thistle and garden flowers. I like the structure of your autumn journal pages. There is a nice flow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We see Gold Finches for so short a time, here. Guess they are just passing through, when we see them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize that the male goldfinches changed their winter garb. Your journal is looking lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What pretty birds! I love the first photo. And your leaves in your journal are lovely. Isn't it fun?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm enjoying this fall journaling. Goldfinches are just so fun to watch. We have them when they turn into their gray tweeds in winter. I loved pressed leaves. I need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your miniatures. Last spring I brought our daughter's dollhouse up from the basement and am planning to restore it at some point. For now my granddaughter likes to play with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome, Granny Marigold! I linked this but it looks like lots of people already visited! Yay!

    ReplyDelete