Tuesday 31 October 2017

Tuesday's Treasures

By now you probably all know that Tuesday is my day to go to the thrift store. I almost didn't go today because on Saturday both my favourite thrift stores had 50% off everything. ( I avoid those days because I don't like crowds). I thought the shelves would be quite empty today but was pleasantly surprised. I found a number of treasures... this cute little pillow with a cord to hang it was .50. I couldn't resist.
I was tired of the table decoration that had been there for 2 months so I "shopped in my pretties closet" and came up with this.


This garden flag was also .50. Come next Fall I'll ask DH to make something that I can hang it on outside. Kind of late for this year.


I love organizing and of course one needs nice boxes to do so. This one is unique in that one can put tall things in it. I love the red plaid design.



A cute cutting board also .50. Once I am tired of it it will go right back to the thrift store,
I do try to take back as much as I bring home or we'd soon be over run with 'stuff'!

 Too bad this picture of my 'new' teapot is so overexposed. It's Corelle and those are Irises on it.
I make myself a pot of  double bergamot earl grey tea every day and often make another pot in the evening but that one has to be herbal.


I saved my best treasure for last. It's a very sturdy wooden box, obviously home made ( DH looked inside and pronounced it to be Mahogany). My most costly buy it was three dollars.

So those are today's purchases. I didn't even look at tea cups or books. By the time I had found all these I just wanted to go home and make that tea I was talking about. I hope you are having a delightful week!

Thanks for coming by,


          Granny Marigold


15 comments:

  1. I don't like to "shop", but I agree, don't go on a weekend of Specials!!!! Way too many people!

    Yes, I am commenting, after my tooth removal. Because my dental surgeon is magic!!! :-)

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you said you take back as much as you buy, because I was wondering, "Where do you put it all!?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great haul I loved the mahogany box, there was something about it that I loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too try to take lots of things back to the TS. I was there on Friday for the first day of the half price sale. Lately I haven't found it busy at all on those days, but this past Friday it was definitely busier than usual. I do like going on Mondays or Tuesdays too for those 50 cent bargains! I also bought a tea pot on Friday. It's the highlight of my month when I can hit two half price sales on the last Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Granny Marigold, you get such wonderful bargains, love the teapot. I usually avoid the half price days too but our local church run thrift store has a $5.00 bag sale the last week of the month. It usually isn't too busy.
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for daily pots of tea!! :) Your finds are lovely! I go to the thrift store on Mondays because that's when they put out new things. That tall box is amazing! That's a good find. And I love your fall table centerpiece. It's so important, as you say, to have a thrift store philosophy of "take back as much as you bring home." We would be overrun too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really got the jackpot at the thrift store! So fun to get such delightful bargains!!! I love your mahogany box, it is a real treasure! It is always wonderful to find bargains, and it is wise to recycle items you don't need too, it does help to keep down the clutter! Hugs to you today :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice treasures that you have purchased. I especially like the cutting board and the the mahogany box. We haven't had a thrift shop in our little town. However, recently, a place has opened up called "Thrift Up". I must go in and take a look to see what is there. I would like to find a few things about gardening. I like the little cushion and garden flag.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a trip to the thrift store as well. You found some wonderful treasures. Nice to meet you 🍁🍵🌻

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun things you found on your thrift shop adventure. I love finding garden flags there as they can be pricey in the gift shops.
    Lately I've been giving more to the thrift shops than buying, but it's always fun to look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely finds you were blessed with! I didn't realize that Corelle even made teapots! I'm curious...I've not seen double bergamot earl grey tea here, but I will be looking for it because I just read up on all of the benefits of it! The wooden box is beautiful. What treasures will you keep in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dianna....I have never seen a Corelle tea pot before and was quite surprised to find one. I used it today for the first time. As for the wood box, I am still trying to figure out what I want to keep in it.

      Delete
  12. That pillow is cute! The big box is huge and should hold a lot for you and the wooden box is so nice! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can never resist boxes! I try to stay out of the thrift shops unless I need something particular! :)

    ReplyDelete