Saturday 4 November 2017

In My Kitchen and some Journal Pages


Doesn't November make you want to be making things in the kitchen?  This week I made marmalade and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. I didn't follow a recipe, just sort of  cooked oranges and a lemon with not-too-much sugar. I didn't care for the last jar of bought marmalade so I dumped that into the saucepan as well. It was delicious on my toast this morning.
I didn't use all the oranges in the bowl for the recipe and now I have 2 containers of orange 'mush' in the freezer for next time.




 Double chocolate cookies are my grandson's favourite. Normally I make choc. chip cookies using oatmeal ( to make them at least somewhat healthy) but he requested these this time.


DH requested Biscotti with nuts; all I had in the house were peanuts but that worked out fine. Do you make these simple cookies?  They need to be baked, then sliced then baked a second time but it's not hard to make them at all.


        The grands dipped them halfway into chocolate to make them extra yummy. As you can see my cookies come in various sizes.   *smile*


 Just so you know that I DO make savoury recipes as well I'll include a picture of some veggies ready to go into the oven. Those pieces of tomato were the very last of our garden tomatoes.

               I actually did these journal pages some time ago but I forgot to post them.



It feels more like Winter than Fall here. 0 C. this morning with a windchill of minus 4 and we even had some snow I think it was Thursday.

Remember to turn your clocks back an hour tonight!  (IF you are on Daylight Saving Time).

Have a great weekend,


            Granny Marigold

10 comments:

  1. It looks as if your kitchen must be a delightful place to hang out in with all those delectable treats!

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never made biscotti. I should try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with your grandson on the double chocolate cookies! Wow, lots of good stuff to eat at your house. I hope you're enjoying the journaling. It is satisfying to create a book! Oh, and the marmalade looks wonderful! Are those jars from the store bought jam? I have cookie dough in the freezer so I can make a few at a time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, Yes, those Marmalade jars are from some that I bought a long time ago and continue to use and enjoy.
    Cookie dough in the freezer is a great idea if you get hungry for a fresh warm cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your an amazing cook! Your grandson must be lucky to have you! ☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pages, GM! I'll link to them when I post. I haven't gone outside yet today. Yes, your baking looks wonderful! You are the nicest Granny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baking, and Baked Veggies! Yes, 'tis the season. :-)

    Loving sweets, but I never cared for Biscotti. Imagine that!

    Want to try drying orange slices in oven too. That should make kitchen smell yummy too! :-)

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful things you're making! All that food looks very yummy - delectable biscotti! My hubby made some pistachio biscotti years ago, and dipped it into chocolate. Now those nuts are so expensive. Yours are delicious looking, and your journal pages are so sweet! I love the items you chose for your collages. Keep warm! We are in mid-upper 70s in the day here. Ready for a bit chillier weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your goodies look delicioius! I've made biscotti one time and I love the stuff, so I'm not quite sure why it was that I've not made it again. Maybe I just needed to have you tell me that it is so easy to make. ;) And I envy your marmalade! I wish we were next door neighbors because I could learn so much from you. I have been craving marmalade and English muffins so when I went to the store on Tuesday I brought some of both home with me. :) But I know homemade marmalade would be so much better.

    Oh...and I keep meaning to ask you...are you going to do Lebkuchen this year?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty journal pages. I like the string of cones.

    Your biscotti looks so yummy. I love it with coffee.

    ReplyDelete