Monday 6 November 2017

A Happy Ending


I wasn't sure how this tale would turn out but fortunately it did turn out well. A Hummingbird got into the garage and couldn't find its way out. It flew around for hours and we thought it might just die from the stress. DH tried to catch it ( he was on the high stepladder) but it always managed to elude him. Finally he thought of putting the light out, closing the door , Once it was dark it perched and he found it using a flashlight, it was easier to pick it up and release it outside again.
The garage has lots of dust up high and cobwebs. You can see some trailing from the bird as it takes a brief rest.





I'm so glad the poor little thing was rescued and I sincerely hope it has learned a lesson and won't get caught again.

As Always,


      Granny Marigold

12 comments:

  1. Oh how precious! I'm so glad your hubby was able to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so glad there was a happy ending to your hummingbird's adventure. Poor thing must have been so scared! But how delightful to have gotten to hold one of nature's most beautiful little miracles.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy for the happy ending! They are so dumb and just keep flying up! We used to get them in the greenhouse and would have to open the doors and hang flower baskets in the doorways to get them outside:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love hummingbirds and Im so glad he is ok. Well done Hubby
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little thing. So glad you could rescue it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that was a good story in the end, and I hope to remember the darkness trick if it should happen in my garage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad that your husband was able to rescue that sweet and frightened hummingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet! Glad your husband didn't give up until he had caught the poor little bird. It is so tiny! Glad too that you had the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad there is a happy ending! I love the little hummingbirds that visit us here. Maybe yours is a cousin! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always feel so sorry for birds trapped indoors. I'm so glad this one was rescued! Hooray for your hubby. I'm wondering what the pink specks are on its chest?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad there was a happy ending. I💟 hummingbirds. Have seen quite a few on the Island.😊

    ReplyDelete