Monday 20 November 2017

A Christmas Craft Fair

This morning DH and I went to a craft fair where we were greeted by this imposing Christmas tree. The railings on the second floor were hung with various quilts that were of course for sale.




  This display was my favourite. All the bears were beyond my budget but so appealing.


If my fairy godmother had descended and asked me which one I wanted this one would have been my choice.


Oh well. We consoled ourselves by going to the thrift store where I bought these three lovely dolls. I've been eyeing them whenever I'm in that store and now they were all marked at two dollars. I use the same kind of stands that these have to hold my Teddies in a standing position. Those stands cost more than the dolls cost me. Meanwhile I get to enjoy them.
While at the thrift store I happened to meet Karen ( Wyndson Farm). She often is at the thrift store on a Monday while my normal day is Tuesday so our paths rarely cross.


This being Monday I did the usual laundry and right now I have another Christmas fruit cake in the oven. This one is a dark one with molasses and dates and such in it. Trouble is I can't tell if it's done because  I normally go by the colour. IF I could find my meat thermometer I could try that but it has mysteriously disappeared.

Wish me luck with my fruit cake. If it's underdone we'll have to call it Christmas pudding.


Thanks for reading my rambles,


Granny Marigold

17 comments:

  1. It was fun to run across each other! That lady did end up buying a pillow case and was going to make one of the grain hot pad thingies to see how that fabric worked out. I was going to ask you if you want another of those jam jars with the red and white tops. Belle Maman I think they are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, but I think at this point I have enough jam jars.
      I'm glad you were able to give that woman some help.
      I know nothing about fabric!

      Delete
  2. Christmas pudding sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful quilts...and that bear with the mink collar is something else! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That craft fair looks like a lot of fun. So much talent on display there.
    I hope your cake turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the outfit on the doll on the right! Oh isn't that the prettiest thing? Dress and apron.

    I want something like that, for myself!!!!!!!

    Can you stick a cake tester in the Dark Fruit Cake? Or is it so full of "goodies," that it would never come out clean, even if perfectly 'done'? :-)

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about the cake being so full of raisins and fruit that a cake tester doesn't work but the meat thermometer ( when we finally found it) showed it was more than done. The edges are a bit overdone but I cut those off and the cake is just fine.

      Delete
  6. Love the teddy bear, so sweet. It's a wonderful time of year, makes me feel good. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you found some wonderful dolls! And I hope the fruitcake turned out okay. Christmas pudding, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh beautiful tree..looks like a fun place to be.
    Thanks on my new place..am so happy with it,
    hugs,patty

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got your fruitcake baked already?! Wish I could say the same of mine. I'm doing a 45 Day fruitcake ... today is day 25 so a little over half way there.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy! That is a fancy Christmas craft fair especially after the craft fair I was just at! You got a deal on those pretty dolls! I love that bear you love too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You inspire me with your Christmas activity! I'm afraid I will be falling further and further behind in all the holiday tasks to be done... especially if I keep reading about other harder-working people like you instead of getting down to business!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nov. 23, 2017

    Oh I love it!

    You have put vintage Christmas Illustrations, in your header.

    It's Time!

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love this post....its full of everything I love... Christmas trees (and that one is rather fabulous).. Poinsettias...Quilts and Teddy Bears.
    Thank you for sharing... and now Thanksgiving is over I need to decorate my blog for Christmas... I just love your header
    Phoebe xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think fruitcake or Christmas pudding would be really yummy with a creamy vanilla custard poured over the top. Yummy :) Your dolls are pretty, and those quilts are quite gorgeous! So nice to visit special shows like that during the holidays. Oh - and I do love your new Christmas blog banner with the 3 Santas. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete