Thursday 19 October 2017

An Unexpected Visitor


Look who I spotted sitting in a nearby tree this morning. I had just come home from Walmart and noticed a number of crows making a big fuss. I looked up and there it was, seemingly unperturbed by the crows. I ran in to get my camera hoping it would still be there. It was, and it stayed there until I had to let Bracken out then the owl flew away. If I'm right this is a Barred Owl.




It has rained incessantly for the past 24 hours and the forecast is for another "rain event" overnight and tomorrow. Good thing our soil is as sandy as it is or we'd be in big trouble.
Due to the rain I didn't walk this morning nor did I putter outside. Couldn't even get on my computer because it wasn't working. Only once my son got home from work and worked his magic was I able to access the internet again. I'm off  now to see what you've been doing today.

Thanks for coming by,

      Granny Marigold




                         art by Susan Wheeler ( I think)

7 comments:

  1. No walking or puttering outside for us either today. I did get out to take somw photos, and we did go to our granddaughter's middle school track meet late this afternoon. We got to sit in the covered grandstand. the athletes were not so fortunate Brrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great owl capture! He looks as thrilled about the rain as we are ;-) Just pouring out there right now, again (around midnight). I've had enough of it! We did go for a two mile walk with the dogs, in the rain, with umbrellas, on the dyke at dusk. All of us needed to get out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's such a noble bird! Thanks for the great photos. Aren't owls amazing? They seem distinct from other birds, to me. We have had a couple on the farm, but we haven't heard them lately.
    Love your bunny picture too. She looks cozy. Stay dry, Granny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots of the owl, what a joy to see one so close. We have rain forecast for the weekend too, hopefully it won't stay around for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty Owl! he must have been resting up:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful photo opportunity, not often one gets such a first hand glance at such a stately creature!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful post. The pictures of that owl are amazing. Those would make a pretty cards, wouldn't they? Especially if there had been a little snow in the tree.

    ReplyDelete