Sunday 1 October 2017

Fall Journal and more


My Autumn Crocus (Colchicum autumnale) is looking  pathetic in the shade. Every year it falls over soon after it blooms. My neighbour grows hers in sunshine and it looks much better. Hers seems to be pinker than mine but that may be a trick of the light.



My Sweet Autumn Clematis on the other hand is doing great and is covered with busy bees!!
The flowers are fragrant as well as beautiful.


                          I've done a few more pages for my Fall journal.




Some pages definitely need something more. The one below has an unwanted CD that I decorated. I was having so much fun that I did a few more that may show up on later pages.



Thanks for coming by today.

                       Granny Marigold

13 comments:

  1. I like the mixed media approac you are taking! I put a pocket inside my cover for leaves. I laminated them with clear packing tape. Lol. Gotta use what you have! Where are you finding all the autumn themed images for yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an extra copy of The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady which was my main source.

      Delete
  2. The music, the necklace, the leaves -- very, very pretty. I do love that poem, esp. the last line. That idea of the year brooding -- wonderful.
    And your clematis!!! It is absolutely stunning! I've never, ever seen one so huge before. It must be in a truly happy spot to grow so huge. I would sit and gaze at it every day for a while, if I lived there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Clematis is actually called 'invasive' on one site. DH cuts it down every winter and in Spring it grows like mad covering some of the Spring blooming one that shares that trellis.
    Thank you for your kind words about my journal. I wasn't too sure about doing one because I can't sketch :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our small clump of autumn crocus just fall over too. Guess we should move them into a more sunny area. Love that fall blooming clematis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is looking amazing, what a stunning display with the clematis. I was so impressed with your journal, in fact inspirational I am considering starting one in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that white bush/vine, in pictures #3 and #4. It is so beautiful!

    Oh soooooo beautiful!!! -happy sigh-

    It looks like Spirea, which is a spring bloomer, in our area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luna, it's an Autumn Clematis that grows some 20 feet in a season and faithfully blooms end of Sept./ beginning of October.

      Delete
  7. Love your fall journal, journaling is so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fall journal is very nice! I didn't know there were fall crocus. Ours come in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your artistic collage! I'll add this when I do my next post. Now that it's October we're all feeling very happy about our nature journals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty collection of fall beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your journaling. You have a very creative mind!

    ReplyDelete