Saturday 30 September 2017

Craft Fair

First thing this morning we headed for the nursery we most often go to. They had a large craft sale set up in an adjoining part of the building, some 90 tables of lovely things to buy. I bought nothing because a) I didn't see anything I really really wanted, and b) so expensive!!
I realize that it takes hours to make some of those items and then there's the cost of material so the high prices can be justified.




Of course we had to walk through the main building and all the flowers were calling my name. I bought some bulbs, these windflowers and also some Daffodils. Both will be planted very soon and in my new Daylily bed.


DH grows all our garlic and thought he'd try another kind this year. Those will also be planted soon.


On the way home we stopped by the fruit & veg market and bought more lovely pears and a couple of bunches of new carrots. While DH went for a late breakfast with youngest son I stayed home and made another 2 jars of pickled carrots.


Now it's mid afternoon and I'm ready to sit down with a hot cup of tea and one of those scones I made a few days ago.

Thanks for coming by,


          Granny Marigold

6 comments:

  1. I love craft fairs... people are so talented.
    You've had a busy day. Enjoy your cuppa and the rest of your weekend
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably would have gone for the windflowers too. Love to add just one or two new varieties of bulbs each year...and the enjoy the early show in spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The craft fair looked amazing. I too bought some bulbs I must get out there and get them planted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't been to one of those Craft Fairs, in a long time.

    Pickled Carrots! Never heard of them, and they sound delicious!!! What I am missing!!! -sigh- :-)

    "Hark, the wind is rising...!"
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the craft fair looks lovely! Good for you having the willpower not to buy anything. It's hard!
    Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pickles carrots! I don't think I've ever heard of pickling carrots before. Sounds like a good way to keep them. I've never seen them in the store - I wonder what they taste like!
    I know what you mean about craft fairs of all kinds. I never buy anything either. I'm always thinking, "Hm, can I make that myself?" Looking for ideas, etc. But there are (amazingly) people who love to pay those prices for handmade things. I feel that way about my soap -- I'd never pay the prices I charge other people! :)

    ReplyDelete