Friday 1 September 2017

September


September has arrived and although it's not officially Fall, for me the first of September means Fall.
I have hung some new dollar store pot holders and towels in the kitchen.



I brought out the Fall "box". Don't know exactly what to call it. A few years ago I saw this kind of thing on Pinterest and asked DH to build some ( I think they called them printers' boxes) so I could decorate them for different seasons etc. I had lots of fun making them pretty and they fit perfectly under the shelf on the telephone desk.




Did the grocery shopping this morning and the new crop of Sunrise apples was in.... .96 per lb. I think that's a good price and I bought 2 bags.
DH got the dehydrator from the garage then started coring and slicing the apples on the mandolin. I'm glad he does it because the blade on that thing scares me.
It doesn't take that long and the slices are dry enough for my liking. I keep them in the freezer so they don't have to be dried crisp.
The apples were so crisp and delicious. I'm going to go back for more.



That was my day. How did you spend yours?


Thanks for visiting,  

Granny Marigold
 


6 comments:

  1. Loving all your fall décor! Enjoy your apples, I love this time of year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so cute! That Fall Box. Have never seen one of those, before.

    We don't have a dehydrator, and I know nothing about them...

    I'd not want to use a mandolin either!!!! We do have one of those.

    Here, we spent the morning, at motor vehicle and grocery shopping. And we have to go out, to the other grocery store, early tomorrow morning. -sigh-

    But we try to do a couple of weeks worth, at a time. Especially staples like toilet paper and washing stuff, and the like. I dislike grocery shopping! But maybe, dislike more, putting it all away, when we get home. :-))))

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty apples! I wound wool and ate popcorn. I love quiet days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your printer's box and the way you have it decorated for fall. Normally on September 1 I would have put out all of my fall decorations, but it didn't happen that way this year. I have taken down the majority of the spring/summer decorations though so it is just a matter of bringing down the fall things and putting them out.

    Those apples look so good! I made some peaches and cream muffins this evening to use up one of the two peaches left that we purchased August. But fall always brings thoughts of all the good things we can do with apples. I was just thinking this evening that what would taste really good would be some warm apple cider. :) It is chilly here...54 F at 9:30 PM and the highs for the next couple of days are to be in the 60's.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Summer is still in full swing for me. We made pesto with basil from our garden, and had BLT's for dinner using our home grown tomatoes. We took a basket of tomatoes to our breakfast group this morning to give away, sharing our abundant crop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made soup and roasted some vegetables for the freezer. Love your Autumn decor.

    ReplyDelete