Thursday 21 September 2017

Flowers and a Funeral


There's not too many flowers blooming any more. Marigolds, of course, and a few Rudbeckias. My calendar tells me tomorrow is the first day of Fall so  it's not surpriising that everything is slowly coming to a halt.



Remember that black top I found at the thrift store on Tuesday? Today I wore it for the first time. I wore it to a friend's funeral. We weren't particularily close but when we chanced to meet up ( she could often be found at  thrift stores!), we'd have a lively chat. We found out we were even distant cousins. She was such a lovely person and although I knew she had been unwell her death shocked  and saddened me.


Thanks for visiting today,


             Granny Marigold

13 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your friend. You made use of the jacket sooner than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your friend's passing. You look very nice in your new top.😂

    Aren't thrift stores fun?😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Your new jacket came in handy for attending the funeral and you look great in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your jacket fits your very well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did find some nice things at the thrift store. I rarely find new clothes that I like, but find lots that I do like in thrift stores. You look nice in that little black jacket. I'm sorry to hear that your friend passed away. How do you stay so nice and slim with all that baking that you do?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That outfit was very nice.

    Sorry about your loss, even if you didn't know each other, that well.

    Yes, flowers are 'getting tired.' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your friend. Good picture of you, the new top looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My flowers are all gone except for the marigolds, too. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sympathy in the loss of your friend. We can never have too many friends. Your marigolds are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about your friend and distant cousin.
    Your garden is so lush. It gives a feeling of being secluded in nature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very Pretty and love the handbag too. Sorry to hear about your friend. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend (and cousin! How amazing!) It's strange - we both had our husbands out of town at the same time, and then we both had funerals. My niece passed away.

    ReplyDelete