Friday 8 September 2017

Rain!!

Yes, we had a nice shower this morning; not enough to quench the thirsty plants but enough to make the air less yucky. Also, it was cooler so I baked orange/date muffins ( thanks to Robin of A Bird's Life for that recipe which we love), and an Impossible Coconut Pie. The latter because I had milk in the fridge that was nearing it's best before date and also because I feel I can eat that eggy/milky pie without any guilt whatsoever because it's healthy. Right?


You will notice there are only 11 muffins. I couldn't resist having one when they were barely cooled.

Thanks for visiting today. I appreciate any comments!!


Granny Marigold

10 comments:

  1. Yay for rain!
    Oh my! The muffins and pie look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No rain here yet, but real clouds instead of smoke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad for a bit of relief, for you!!!

    Oh mercy, do those things ever look gooood!!!

    I want to try an impossible pie, of some sort. Maybe a dinner kind, with meat... And do it with my G/F Bisquick. :-) It would be lovely, if we could both eat it, and enjoy it. But... Won't know, unless I do it.

    I looked up G/F impossible pie recipes. There are not as many, as for regular Bisquick, but some.

    I was thinking of a little hamburg, lots of veggies... something like that... And with those healthy things, like milk and eggs... Like you said!!!!!! :-)

    Hope your air stays better, for a while!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't be able to resist either. They certainly look good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The baked goods look yummy. I love muffins: could you please post the recipe for the orange-date muffins? I would appreciate that & I'm sure other folks will also.
    Blessings, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Granny Marigold, I am so glad you enjoyed the muffin recipe! I love it too.
    Wonderful you received a bit of rain. This week we have had an inch and a half but we are heading into a warm, dry week so back to watering the gardens.
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. The muffins sound yummy.😀

      I am absolutely craving RAIN right now, it's been over 2 months with barely a sprinkle, here at mid Vancouver island. 😣

      I hope you have a wonderful week, whatever the weather.🌼

      Delete
  8. Ooo - I see that you give the recipe in your next post - thanks! Those muffins sound very good. My husband loves dates, and I love orange. Will need to try those. And your pie looks delicious. I'm sure it is healthy and guilt-free!!!

    ReplyDelete